View Poll Results: Will You Use The Beta and/or Wait For The FaceBook 2.0 App ??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will use the beta and then update to the official release of FaceBook 2.0

105 84.68%
  • I will wait for the official release of FaceBook 2.0

17 13.71%
  • No, I will rather use the current FaceBook App

1 0.81%
  • NO!!! I will only use the FaceBook Mobile Site

1 0.81%
    Hmm I did not uninstall prior to upgrade. May require service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 08:48 PM
    Doe anyone know how to change the sound for facebook chat? I keep getting a generic tone but can't seem to find a place to change it. And do you need berrybuzz 4.0 for new led for facebook chat?

03-17-11 09:18 PM
    Doe anyone know how to change the sound for facebook chat? I keep getting a generic tone but can't seem to find a place to change it. And do you need berrybuzz 4.0 for new led for facebook chat?

Should be able to change sound in your profile settings. Not sure of bBuzz as I don't use it

03-17-11 09:25 PM

There is indeed a Facebook Chat setting in the Profiles, I am setting my Bold's sounds now...
    03-17-11 09:43 PM
    Now, this is a complete turnaround for the FB app! RIM IMHO made it into a Superapp!!! I love it!!!

Notifications at first where not showing, but now they are. Chat works great. Love the new UI, profile view, and menu pane... awesome!
    03-17-11 09:47 PM
    Is anyone else getting a a response twice when you're in chat? Other than that, they did a great job on it.
    03-17-11 10:53 PM
    I see this mite be the best upgrade of and app by RIM so far

03-18-11 12:02 AM
    So far seems good, only problems I really noticed is facebook chat. I will send a message and it will show a red "X" but the message will be sent and I won't receive any messages. Also sometimes it gets stuck at "updating list" on facebook chat and I will have to go offline and go back online for it to get fixed.

Other than the problems stated above, everything seems to working perfectly fine. Also battery life is freaking amazing!
    03-18-11 12:06 AM
    What about 3rd party FB apps
    03-18-11 12:09 AM
    What about 3rd party FB apps
    I bought Chat on Facebook from the crackberry store and the app is good and all, but it killed my battery so quick.

03-18-11 12:19 AM
    Is anyone else getting a a response twice when you're in chat? Other than that, they did a great job on it.
    I used to get 2x of notifications etc, if I hadn't logged out of fb prior to a reboot. U may want to log out before rebooting? And see if it still happen?

03-18-11 04:09 AM
    Downloaded beta version this morning .. well pleased with it .. UI is a big improvement.

Sal
    03-18-11 04:41 AM
    Man, I can't wait for the beta for 5.0

03-18-11 05:11 AM
    Anyone have any idea why this isn't showing up in my beta zone programs? Twitter, bbm, traffic and feedback are all there, but no FB. I've been registered for 6 months +. Any ideas?

03-18-11 06:57 AM
    No choice for no I don't use facebook at all?
    03-18-11 07:34 AM
    Anyone have any idea why this isn't showing up in my beta zone programs? Twitter, bbm, traffic and feedback are all there, but no FB. I've been registered for 6 months +. Any ideas?

it was a very limited beta, and they only had so many invites. You were prolly to slow and they ran out of invites.
    03-18-11 07:44 AM
    I took advantage of this as soon as it was posted on CB. Been running it since yesterday and it seems ok, at times it is slow and have not really used the chat feature but it seems pretty cool.
    03-18-11 08:00 AM
    it was a very limited beta, and they only had so many invites. You were prolly to slow and they ran out of invites.
    Right on. Thanks

03-18-11 08:09 AM
    18 hours after install I am still waiting for the email with the keycode so absolutely no testing done here. I've emailed twice now but still no keycode.

From my view so far as it's running on the girlfriend's phone I'm dissappointed it doesn't appear to include support for groups.

Why is it that Blackberry apps always seem to be a compromise and not just RIM. Tweetdeck have never released a BB app, Seesmic's BB app is a patch of the iPhone or Andriod versions of the same app and still the flagship FB app as developped by RIM themselves lags behind the competition and fails to incorporate all the features FN offers.

Once (or it now seems if) I ever get the keycode I'm happy to test and feedback but right now I'm just getting annoyed that I have an app on my phone that I can't use at all and it installed over the fully working 1.9 app. If I don't get the keycode soon I'll just go back to v1.9 as the main feature I wanted from this update doesn't seem to be included anyway.
    03-18-11 09:28 AM
    Ok I also have the "Options" tab in the "switcher" and wanted to know if I wasn't the only one who has this:

03-18-11 11:40 AM
    As said on the other threads, if you're still missing your keycode, start the download again. The site was too congested yesterday and some people are missing theirs. If you restart the download RIM will send a new code. Don't bother waiting, just reset it.

03-18-11 11:57 AM
    Just downloaded it and got my keycode immediately.

In short, THE BEST FB APP so far, definitely more usable than any of the FB apps. it seems to run smoother too.

There are a few niggles here and there such as not able to delete a status or a message posted on a wall but i think thats ok coz i still find the other features really useful.

Cheers

(BTW those who got the FB v2.0 program is full thing, have a check now in your eligible programs, coz i suddenly got it just a few minutes ago and signed up for it (*Fingers Crossed*))
    03-18-11 12:36 PM
    Got it last night, and really liking it! Keycode arrived right away.

Comments:

To paste the keycode, press down on the trackpad and select "paste"

After rebooting to install, my phone froze while on the BlackBerry loading screen. Did a battery pull and it was fine.

Scrolling is still messed up, but if you scroll from side to side, it won't 'jump'

No cursor in chat, but if you press shift, it'll show up

Everything is very smooth, it's pretty much like the iPhone app now, BUT.

Still can't view event details such as the wall

Can't 'like' comments or view who likes an item if there's more than a few.

I've also noticed its a battery drain if you leave the chat online.

Regardless, it's still a huge step up from the last FB app. I was actually using SocialScope because I couldn't stand both the FB and Twitter app by RIM. Now I will definitely go back to using FB for BB.
    03-18-11 04:44 PM
    Love it! Just a couple things I would like to see is deleting unwanted comments and uploading videos, other than that, its day and night from version 1.
    03-18-11 05:44 PM
    logout and reboot (battery pull) i heard that helps
    03-18-11 11:28 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD