12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    .....still 0/ver 0 on the appworld, but blackberry.com/facebook gives me 1.5.0.31. BOUT TIME! Go front page with this so that us Crackberry addicts, especially the 4.5 users can know this is out.
    04-21-09 03:48 PM
    u can download it i just got 1.5 and 8130 here so
    04-21-09 03:49 PM
    Here it is.
    04-21-09 03:53 PM
    Here it is.
    Yep, like I said, already got it. Mine was slow to update for some reason. Well, just checked the app world and it STILL won't give me the download option, although as I said, blackberry.com/facebook is set.

EDIT: Even though it is now final, I refuse to sync my calender/contact photos until someone else shows it works first haha.
    04-21-09 03:57 PM
    wow this was a stupid upgrade for them nothin is changed lol at all they are not getin the big picture here "facebook chat needs to be added/layout needs to be changed"
    04-21-09 03:59 PM
    wow this was a stupid upgrade for them nothin is changed lol at all they are not getin the big picture here "facebook chat needs to be added/layout needs to be changed"
    Well, we've known for a while nothing big was going to happen. I do like being able to comment on other people's statuses though. That annoyed me to no end.
    04-21-09 04:00 PM
    Well, we've known for a while nothing big was going to happen. I do like being able to comment on other people's statuses though. That annoyed me to no end.
    yea i feel your pain man, they should just trash this one and do 2.0 and get it over with add the facebook chat/change layout/let us comment on the status/try and have not everything but most stuff so we dont have to go to the mobile site to do half of it, they need to take a page from the myspace app and the app for the iphone and get her done for the blackberry
    04-21-09 04:03 PM
    i don't expect a chat client, but alot of the functions that you can use via myspace or the equivelant on facebook would be nice. i'd use it more if it actually did something. the mobile page is a mess too!
    04-21-09 04:12 PM
    Sweet! I got 4.5 for my 8330. Works like a charm!

2 things I've noticed already though. Pictures don't seem to have downloaded to contacts, and I cannot reply to *comments* from the facebook app (which is SUPER lame!).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 04:12 PM
    Sweet! I got 4.5 for my 8330. Works like a charm!

2 things I've noticed already though. Pictures don't seem to have downloaded to contacts, and I cannot reply to *comments* from the facebook app (which is SUPER lame!).

Comments are working fine for me?

Also, did you make sure to sync the contacts? Wish I could help you more on this one, but from reading this thread dealing with 4.6 I don't want to mess around with my calender/address book yet.
    04-21-09 04:17 PM
    Whenever I click on the link to download it, I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error..... is this happening to anyone else?
    04-21-09 04:39 PM
    just downloaded it, the layout still sucks tho. and no chat either!?!?! wtf
    04-21-09 04:40 PM
    Whenever I click on the link to download it, I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error..... is this happening to anyone else?
    BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones

go there and try and get it threw that way

----------------
    Listening to: Rick Ross,Plies,Birdman,Busta Rhymes,Webbie,Gorilla Zoe,Fat Joe,Triple C, Flo Rida, Brisco, Lil Wayne - Speeding (rmx)
    04-21-09 04:46 PM
    Just started a new thread to differentiate between Beta and Official.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/off...thread-211715/
    04-21-09 04:52 PM
    So far, the only new feature that I will use with the latest release is the calendar integration. I would like to use the contacts integration also but I don't want it constantly sending notifications to my fb list just to get their information.

04-21-09 05:04 PM
    So far, the only new feature that I will use with the latest release is the calendar integration. I would like to use the contacts integration also but I don't want it constantly sending notifications to my fb list just to get their information.
    I don't think it's "constantly" doing that... pretty sure it's a one-time thing when you sync each contact...
    04-21-09 05:56 PM
    follow me...
    /jooksing
    04-21-09 08:53 PM
    It's happening to me, and it's inexpressibly annoying. It doesn't matter if I try OTA or from my PC, or from any site; same error, every time.
    04-21-09 10:54 PM
    I don't think it's "constantly" doing that... pretty sure it's a one-time thing when you sync each contact...
    It says that the app will do it periodically to check for any changes done to their account or your contacts. It doesn't matter to me much since none of my fb friends have their numbers available and their email address are different on the site.

04-21-09 11:08 PM
    It says that the app will do it periodically to check for any changes done to their account or your contacts. It doesn't matter to me much since none of my fb friends have their numbers available and their email address are different on the site.
    Yes, it does periodically check their info. I'm saying I don't think it sends any additional notifications. I've never seen any evidence that it does.
    04-22-09 01:38 AM
    It automatically updated to latest version but did not keep previous contacts and had to search again for which of my contacts are on FB.. Found nothing
    04-22-09 02:48 AM
    Does anybody have .alx and .cod for 4.7 OS, I can't download it OTA, it fails with
    "907 Invalid COD, Local connection timed out after ~120000"

Thanks,
    04-22-09 03:59 AM
    kosmacd - look at some of the post see if anyone has got it on the storm and also if they have ask them if they would be nice enuff to download blackberry master control program run it click on the java cup icon once they are there they will have 3 icons

blue arrow goin down,
    a folder with clock and arrow,
    red arrow goin up,

get them to click the middle icon which would be the folder with the click and click on the button that says retrieve then look for

net_rim_bb_facebook
    net_rim_bb_facebook_lib
    net_rim_bb_facebook_resource
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_cs
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_de
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_en
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_es
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_fr
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_it
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_ja
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_ko
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_nl
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_pl
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_pt_br
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_ru
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_zh_cn
    net_rim_bb_facebook_w_help_zh_tw

check all them and pick a place to save them u do that from the lil bar under where it says "Modules folder" and then get them to upload the cod file for u and then u just use the blackberry mastercontrol program to load the cod files usin the bluearrow and u should have the new facebook....

also they could be havin probs or pulled it off again, your browser settings could be set wrong on your bb

i would do but have da 8130 and 4.5os which it picks up the device and os u have when u do ota so no go for me sorry
    Last edited by brianajr88; 04-22-09 at 05:03 AM.
    04-22-09 04:54 AM
    Does anybody have .alx and .cod for 4.7 OS, I can't download it OTA, it fails with

Thanks,
    Alternately, I couldn't download it last night from ANY of the sites, but I finally managed to get it from Blackberry App World. The great thing about downloading it that way is that even if the server times out (which, mine did, several times) you can make it start downloading again, and you haven't lost any of the previously downloaded file. It took a while, but IMO, it was worth it. I'm liking Facebook 1.5 a lot better than 1.2
    04-22-09 11:04 AM

Thanks,
    you can simply have it via the original facebook ap 1.2 by going option and check for update that s what i did
    04-22-09 12:07 PM
700 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD