12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    if this has come up in the thread already I apologize..this thread has exploded and I can't sift throught it all lol

The new app seems to be delivering a lot more of the facebook notifications in the message list with the little facebook icon and all.. but i'm still getting a text message as well for most of the notifications, so im being double notified, kinda anoying for something I didnt need to be notified of even once for the most part.

Is this just something we are living with, or is there a way to shut the SMS messages off and still receive the notifications through the app?

I'm a big blackberry user, but not that big a facebook user, so pardon my ignorance to its settings.
    03-23-09 11:57 AM
    I think you have sms notifications set up through the site. On your computer go to facebooj and turn sms notifications off. But leave email notifications on if it already is on. This should do what you need. Then check back and tell the community if it works. I never had sms notifications on to begin with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 12:22 PM
    Are they ever going to officially release this for the rest of us Blackberry Users? I am getting tired of waiting patiently, and will begin a Facebook Boycott soon.
    03-23-09 12:35 PM
    Are they ever going to officially release this for the rest of us Blackberry Users? I am getting tired of waiting patiently, and will begin a Facebook Boycott soon.
    I'm currently holding a pool on which will happen first:

• San Francisco 49ers winning the Super Bowl
    • Obama winning second Term
    • World War 3
    • Elvis live on stage with the Beatles
    • Nightclubs playing Gospel music
    • **** freezing over
    • Facebook 1.5 & 2.0's release

Feel free to place your bid.
    03-23-09 12:57 PM

• World War 3
    • **** freezing over

Haha. I will take "Nightclubs playing Gospel music" for $200 Alex.
    03-23-09 01:36 PM

• World War 3
    • **** freezing over

1. Obama
    2. World War 3
    3. Nightclubs
    4. Freezing over
    5. Elvis
    6. Facebook
    7. 49ers
    03-23-09 02:34 PM
    We are still taking bids on the "Chances pool"

Polls close Apirl 1st

lol
    03-23-09 02:54 PM
    Gospel music has BEEN played in clubs for at least 10 yrs...when I was in college a remixed version of a very popular gospel song was played one nite..and its true today...

Now...has anyone seen an OTA for this FB 1.5?
    03-23-09 03:12 PM
    • [1]San Francisco 49ers winning the Super Bowl
      [3]Obama winning second Term
      [4]World War 3
      [7]Elvis live on stage with the Beatles
      [5]Nightclubs playing Gospel music
      [6]**** freezing over
      [2]Facebook 1.5 & 2.0's release
      [8] Leafs win the cup
    03-23-09 08:33 PM

• World War 3
    • **** freezing over

Ha ha ha, okay.
    03-23-09 08:37 PM
    I'll bet on facebook 2.0 being released before 1.5, at the rate we're going....

;-)
    Last edited by navygreengolf; 03-23-09 at 09:44 PM.
    03-23-09 09:35 PM
    how do i install this...
    03-24-09 01:10 AM
    ^ unzip, use the desktop manager..
    03-24-09 09:35 AM
    just installed this (you have to unzip the file and then use the app loader on the desktop manager). works fine but still looks/works like something from the turn of the century compared to facebook on the iphone
    03-24-09 09:52 AM
    This is the message I got last time I logged in on my desktop:

(Paraphrasing)
    You're using Facebook for Blackberry andwe noticed that you have contacts in your BlackBerry that are not on your friends list. Would you like to add them?

After I clicked yes, it took me to a list of people whose phone numbers I have in my phone but are not listed as friends and allowed me to select the ones I wanted to add.

Not sure if it was a one-time thing. I can't seem to get it to prompt anymore, but it was cool.
    03-24-09 01:30 PM
    The new app seems to be delivering a lot more of the facebook notifications in the message list with the little facebook icon and all.. but i'm still getting a text message as well for most of the notifications, so im being double notified, kinda anoying for something I didnt need to be notified of even once for the most part.
    To avoid the facebook notifications in your messages, open the Facebook app on your phone, click the menu button and choose Options, and uncheck the option to Connect your Facebook account with BlackBerry Message application. As far as what types of things you don't need even one notification for, that's all set in your notifiaction preferences on the facebook site.
    03-26-09 05:41 AM
    This is the message I got last time I logged in on my desktop:

(Paraphrasing)
    You're using Facebook for Blackberry andwe noticed that you have contacts in your BlackBerry that are not on your friends list. Would you like to add them?

After I clicked yes, it took me to a list of people whose phone numbers I have in my phone but are not listed as friends and allowed me to select the ones I wanted to add.

Not sure if it was a one-time thing. I can't seem to get it to prompt anymore, but it was cool.

hmmmmmmmmm........... interesting
    03-27-09 04:05 PM
    Is this still only for OS 4.6 and higher?

03-27-09 04:10 PM
    I am convinced that this will never come out
    03-28-09 09:43 AM
    The only problem I found so far is when updating your phone OS the Calandar does not resync. You have to manually resync all of your contacts to get their birthdays again. Is there any way to ask for the calandar to resync or for contacts to resync automatically or one button press?
    03-28-09 10:57 AM
    I can't believe that there has been talk of this for ages, yet we still have to download un-official copies that have leaked out.

Oh and the leaks don't work on the storm either

This is a poor show by RIM.

Saying that, did we really expect anything else from them? The storm official updates are still months behind.

(Sorry, Rant over, I feel a whole lot better now)
    03-28-09 01:43 PM
    I only skimmed through this thread but after all the hullabaloo over this release, I think I'll pass for now until it's released. I'm way too new to blackberry to figure this out. lol

Is it safe to assume that when it's released it should let us know to update via our current FB app, right?

Also, basically this newer version allows you to comment on others status updates and also can sync your BB contacts with your friends on FB? Will it do this automatically? I have over 200 friends on FB (Sadly, I do know every single one from HS to college to family) and I don't want THAT many contacts in my BB. Or does it only sync when the friend has posted their phone number? Or am I understanding this all wrong?
    03-28-09 04:43 PM
    but after all the hullabaloo over this release
    After all the what?!?
    03-28-09 04:52 PM
    I only skimmed through this thread but after all the hullabaloo over this release, I think I'll pass for now until it's released. I'm way too new to blackberry to figure this out. lol

Is it safe to assume that when it's released it should let us know to update via our current FB app, right?

Also, basically this newer version allows you to comment on others status updates and also can sync your BB contacts with your friends on FB? Will it do this automatically? I have over 200 friends on FB (Sadly, I do know every single one from HS to college to family) and I don't want THAT many contacts in my BB. Or does it only sync when the friend has posted their phone number? Or am I understanding this all wrong?
    It only syncs contacts that you currently have on your berry. Plus if you have a contact on your berry and they have a facebook accout that you are not friends with when you are on facebook on your puter and search for friends it will tell you that.

03-29-09 11:57 AM
    I doubt that Facebook 1.5 will ever officially come out. Now that Facebook has changed its main site again, I think RIM will just go straight to 2.0.
    03-30-09 06:25 AM
700 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD