12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    It's not located in the calendar menu.

Go to your phone's "options" menu then go to Advanced Options and select Default Services. In there is where you select your default calendar
    03-18-09 09:48 AM
    It's not located in the calendar menu.

Go to your phone's "options" menu then go to Advanced Options and select Default Services. In there is where you select your default calendar
    The problem is that in those options facebook is not even listed, I can choose only from my email accounts. And fact that, my preffered account is choosen does not change displayd calendar on todays theme from FB to my account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:47 AM
    The problem is that in those options facebook is not even listed, I can choose only from my email accounts. And fact that, my preffered account is choosen does not change displayd calendar on todays theme from FB to my account

That might be a problem with the theme settings. I'm not sure how to correct that. Sorry
    03-18-09 10:50 AM

that seems like a major problem....yikes
    03-18-09 11:31 AM
    I turned of the contact and calendar sync all together. Main reason why I like 1.5 over 1.2 is you can reply to comments etc. Anything else I just go to the mobile site.
    03-18-09 01:12 PM
    I turned of the contact and calendar sync all together.
    sounds like the right idea

I use fonebook for my calendar and contact sync stuff for facebook
    03-18-09 01:19 PM
    i installed it, and i totally love it!!! no problems for me.
    03-18-09 08:20 PM
    I installed facebook 1.5 and it has been working like a charm until 2 hours ago. Now all I'm getting is the little pop-up that says "contacting facebook" but it never makes the connection. Any ideas?

Bold on ATT
    03-18-09 10:12 PM
    this was so exciting.. 3 'wipe handhelds' later Im headnig back to 1.2! Its promising, but too buggy - I had all these issues too - Lost my calendar, other than just fb, couldnt log in to fb.. you name it.. Come on guys! how long do we have to wait!

When it did work, I liked it a lot!
    03-19-09 01:48 AM
    I installed facebook 1.5 and it has been working like a charm until 2 hours ago. Now all I'm getting is the little pop-up that says "contacting facebook" but it never makes the connection. Any ideas?

Bold on ATT
    Piece of advise: uninstall it quickly. This FB is rather buggy. I am receiving lots of the same notification again and again (maybe 30 copies of the same notifications: every 2 minutes or so). Plus it has made the message application quite unstable too (I can't delete messages there).

03-19-09 02:29 AM
    I am going back to 1.2.

All I get is a notification that somebody has sent me a message but I cannot actually see the message itself. This must be a bug surely as I could read messages in 1.2.

I am guessing that it is an unfinished leak.
    03-19-09 05:35 PM
    I am going back to 1.2.

All I get is a notification that somebody has sent me a message but I cannot actually see the message itself. This must be a bug surely as I could read messages in 1.2.

I am guessing that it is an unfinished leak.
    so strange as it work just fine for me. My biggest complaint is it does the drain my battery more. Since my battery performance is already pretty bad this additional drain has a big impact.
    03-19-09 05:40 PM
    The new FB is working just fine with my bberry. I have no problems at all. As far as battery drain, I just bought a extra batt, so I'll be fine.

03-19-09 05:43 PM
    Ahh glad I decided to stick with 1.2 until either an official release or at least a better beta

03-20-09 12:13 AM
    All is relevant to what use you do.. I'm just checking my new messages and sync contacts with my phone and till now it is working perfectly... For further use you might need to buy an iPhone or just wait.. :P
    03-20-09 01:58 AM
    Hey Guys,

After spending a few days with this application I have now uninstalled it and migrated back to 1.2. There were just to many issues for my liking.
    After uninstalling it, I encountered a few issues. my BB would not sync with Outlook and I could not back the BB up from DM.

I would advise anyone wanting to try this application, to backup before they do - it took me a complete handset wipe to get rid of some of the rather annoying features.

One major improvement I would like to see is a non-dedicated facebook calendar. So that facebook enteries are simply imported into the default device calendar rather than a new one being created.

Oh and if I link a contact to his/her facebook profile, I would like the application to automatically add his/her email address (if it is public), that would be a lot more handy than requesting phone numbers (even if it doesnt work as yet) - chances are if I want a contacts numbers, I will already have them.

Just my 2p, go ahead give it a go. Just dont expect the earth to move, this is and alpha leak after all.

Regards
    03-20-09 04:13 AM
    Hey Guys,

One major improvement I would like to see is a non-dedicated facebook calendar. So that facebook enteries are simply imported into the default device calendar rather than a new one being created.
    completely agree.that would solve a lot of syncing issues
    03-21-09 11:04 AM
    to install, just unzip and install it with DM (the axl file right)? dont touch anything in the java folder?
    What's DM? how do I install 1.5?
    03-21-09 12:00 PM
    Aside from the battery drain the only issue i have with it is that the facebook app will randomly pop up over anything i'm doing so it definitely gets annoying after a little while... i'm gonna stick with 1.5 a little while longer...
    03-21-09 12:55 PM
    It's definitely an improvement. Works like a charm.

Linking contacts to Facebook friends is brilliant, although it didn't detect all my friends from my contacts book even though the names are exactly the same, and I don't like the way it loads a miniature version of the user's full facebook image, as their face is usually too small to see. It should instead download the 'thumbnail' version (square) to the handheld.

It should also have to option to detect when you've added a new friend on facebook and copy their info straight into your contacts book.

Nothing else has changed really other than being able to post on comments. It needs a bigger facelift than this I think. Bring on version 2!

And one feature I'd still like to see is a blue blinking light for facebook messages rather than red!
    03-21-09 06:30 PM
    It's definitely an improvement. Works like a charm.

Linking contacts to Facebook friends is brilliant, although it didn't detect all my friends from my contacts book even though the names are exactly the same, and I don't like the way it loads a miniature version of the user's full facebook image, as their face is usually too small to see. It should instead download the 'thumbnail' version (square) to the handheld.

It should also have to option to detect when you've added a new friend on facebook and copy their info straight into your contacts book.

Nothing else has changed really other than being able to post on comments. It needs a bigger facelift than this I think. Bring on version 2!

And one feature I'd still like to see is a blue blinking light for facebook messages rather than red!
    i still have the red led, how did yo get the blue led? i checked in option but i dont see it
    03-22-09 10:16 AM
    i still have the red led, how did yo get the blue led? i checked in option but i dont see it
    i believe what was tried to say was that it would be nice to have that feature... not that it has been implemented.
    03-22-09 06:30 PM
    i would agree
    03-22-09 06:46 PM
    i believe what was tried to say was that it would be nice to have that feature... not that it has been implemented.
    i see... thanks
    03-22-09 11:04 PM
    I have had no problems with 1.5 except for the phone number request thing. (I was careful to uninstall 1.2 first though)
    03-22-09 11:06 PM
700 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD