12-07-11 06:37 AM
700 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    is there a OTA install?
    yes it has been posted
    03-17-09 01:46 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing major memory leaks? Prior to installing FB 1.5, my memory hovers around 39-42mb after a day or so of usage (no resets). But today after installing FB, my memory was down to 24mb, which is by far the lowest it's ever gone. When I'd close out FB completely, I'd find it reopened a little while later.

Memory leak anyone?
    I am experiencing the same problem. Since installing OS .247 my memory has been very stable between 38-40mb. After installing FB 1.5 it drops down to 30mb. I can do a memory clean and get it back to 32-35mb but it drops again fairly quickly. Could this be one of the reasons why it has not been officially released?
    03-17-09 03:20 PM
    i must warn you! it worked great for me but when i reset the device with quickpull, it MESSED up my phone...

i lost my message boxes and it wouldnt boot up properly....

install with caution! ill wait til the official release...
    03-17-09 04:07 PM
    This app has worked great for me on a BOLD running OS .247. That being said, i will say the battery drain is significant. Without running FB, I am usually down to 50% battery after 12-13 hours. With FB I am down to 50% after 9 hours.
    03-17-09 05:15 PM
    Works fine over here, no major issues, except sometimes I have to manually link contacts.
    Not really a huge deal though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 07:48 PM
    it works!
    nothing to speical about it, personally kind of let down.
    03-17-09 10:35 PM
    This app has worked great for me on a BOLD running OS .247. That being said, i will say the battery drain is significant. Without running FB, I am usually down to 50% battery after 12-13 hours. With FB I am down to 50% after 9 hours.
    I have not encountered any batt drain on my BB with FB open. So far, I have had a great experience with this FB app.
    03-17-09 10:38 PM
    it works!
    nothing to speical about it, personally kind of let down.
    Let's keep in mind this is only a .5 upgrade that is not even officialy out. A .5 usually is a fix to a version and not a whole new thing. We need to wait for to 2.0 to expect a big hopfully change.
    03-17-09 10:47 PM
    Well I found a really large bug in the new Facebook 1.5 app.
    It will not allow you to use DM to sync your calendar when it's installed. I had this problem so I uninstalled FB1.5 and DM allowed to sync my calendar again. So I reinstalled FB1.5 and I get the same problem when syncing my calendar. So the conclusion I have come to is that FB1.5 is conflicting with the calendar sync.

Keep in mind that I use Yahoo as my calendar. I also have Outlook and tried using that to sync and it also didn't work. There are no error messages when trying to sync the calendar. It just kicks you back to the DM menu screen.

If someone has an idea on how to fix this that would be great.

I'm going to uninstall 1.5 and put 1.2 back on until it's officially released. Who knows they may have this fixed in the final release.
    Anyone found a solution yet, other than uninstall?
    03-17-09 11:07 PM
    Im having the same issues. I love the 1.5 but i need to be able to sync with calendar outlook and when i try to sync it says "unable to read application" error. this shuts down the DM and no sync done. I deleted 1.2 (which i didn't know was still on there), then deleted 1.5 and rebooted. Tried syncing again and still the same error. I noticed the pics from facebook are still in the pics for the contacts on my phone and I have no clue how to remove all the contacts that i initially synced with outlook. (anybody know how to unsync these contact pics??) Need some solution, preferrably a step by step please for us newbies. I have the 8900 BTW.
    03-18-09 01:26 AM
    Downloaded 1.5 a few hours ago and have been playing with it nonstop. Loving it so far. A few of the finer points I've noticed:

LINKING CONTACTS

The linking contacts is a great feature, but i cant seem to find those photos anywhere on my device to get a larger view for example. They seem to be stored as small images within the facebook app, so if the friends pic is from far away, you cant get a zoomed in pic for their caller idl.

Also I had to link alot of people manually, although it picked up seven or eight of them automatically. Seems to match phone numbers not names, so if you have their mobile, and they list their home number, it wont link. Also anyone who doesnt list their number on facebook you have to link manually and it sends them a phone number request.

I checked with friends already and they recieved no notification of a number request. Maybe this isnt active on facebook yet, since it hasnt been officially released.

Calendar

Very cool. Birthdays have been added to my calendar, I don't have any events, so none of them to be seen, but birthdays go in automatically for people you have linked to your contact list.

However people that are facebook friends and not in your contact list, you dont have those added into your calendar, which i like, because those people are just that. Facebook friends.

Messages List

Facebook messages now show up in my messages list with a fb icon where the BBM, envelop, and check marks for sms texts appear. I use a today theme, and have yet to see it appear in the messages heading on my homescreen, i'm not sure if it does.

REALLY NEAT FEATURES AND COOL FINDS SO FAR

I had a friend who posted a status comment, which I replied to through the app. It has been commented on twice since. In the message folder, the first comment notification was replaced by the second one. This also happened in the facebook app main screen as well. So rather than see the multiple comment thread notifications, it gets rid of the old one and only shows one. When viewing the comment thread through the app it lists all previous comments. Which is great because the one thing i hated was going from the app to the internet to comment on statuses, etc. Very Cool

Also when viewing status updates, it stores the updates from the last time you viewed them with a time stamp. Say its been two hours since you checked status updates. next time you check it, while updating, it shows the old set of status updates, with accurate times as to the status update on facebook.

It's an improvement, definately. I'll be happy with that for now, and hopefully the next update wont take a year and a half, and be two months delayed from when they say it will be out
    Can anyone else also confirm that the part that says no one receive phone number request is true?

I'd love to link but this phone number request is annoying, but if it doesn't send ima keep linking XD just to get their picture in ^^;
    03-18-09 03:19 AM
    Im having the same issues. I love the 1.5 but i need to be able to sync with calendar outlook and when i try to sync it says "unable to read application" error. this shuts down the DM and no sync done. I deleted 1.2 (which i didn't know was still on there), then deleted 1.5 and rebooted. Tried syncing again and still the same error. I noticed the pics from facebook are still in the pics for the contacts on my phone and I have no clue how to remove all the contacts that i initially synced with outlook. (anybody know how to unsync these contact pics??) Need some solution, preferrably a step by step please for us newbies. I have the 8900 BTW.
    Use Desktop Manager> Backup & Restore> Advanced to erase the contacts from the device; that is of course if they are all synced with Outlook so upon syncing the two they will be restored...
    03-18-09 04:11 AM
    Can anyone else also confirm that the part that says no one receive phone number request is true?

I'd love to link but this phone number request is annoying, but if it doesn't send ima keep linking XD just to get their picture in ^^;
    Yep same here as others reported. Phone number requests not getting trough & hopefully they wont even after the service is *officially" launched so to speak.
    03-18-09 04:13 AM
    Yep same here as others reported. Phone number requests not getting trough & hopefully they wont even after the service is *officially" launched so to speak.
    Well bad news at least for me some of my friends have indeed received requests for numbers. Only the ones I added manually so far.
    03-18-09 05:52 AM
    every friends without a number set on facebook i've linked manually received phone number request.
    03-18-09 07:02 AM
    Use Desktop Manager> Backup & Restore> Advanced to erase the contacts from the device; that is of course if they are all synced with Outlook so upon syncing the two they will be restored...
    Except this means you will lose all the updated info that Facebook added (pics, etc) after linking, correct?

No other workaround?
    03-18-09 07:17 AM
    For some reason 1.5 didn't work. It is in fact the same as 1.2. I can't comment on statuses unless I go to the mobile site? Is this correct?
    03-18-09 07:30 AM
    Do we have an OTA link for the new FB app???
    03-18-09 07:39 AM
    Except this means you will lose all the updated info that Facebook added (pics, etc) after linking, correct?

No other workaround?
    Not that I know of no but im'e no guru either!
    03-18-09 07:42 AM
    Is there any way to delete the facebook calendar? I don't want facebook adding my contacts b-days to it since google sync does that already

03-18-09 08:53 AM
    Same problem- calendar... I don't mind it sync b-day but when I'm using today theme it shows only appoitments from facebook calendar and dnot those linked to my primary email. How can I change it?! I want to see both.
    03-18-09 09:31 AM
    For some reason 1.5 didn't work. It is in fact the same as 1.2. I can't comment on statuses unless I go to the mobile site? Is this correct?
    did you delete 1.2 BEFORE installing 1.5?
    03-18-09 09:33 AM
    Anyone found a solution yet, other than uninstall?
    If you add a contact to your BB contact list from facebook that wasn't already in your BB contact list it will not allow you to sync. You will have to remove those entries from your BB contact list and then add them manually in to your BB contact list. Then use the FB1.5 app to update the contact with pic/phone/etc.

I think this bug is one of the main reasons why RIM has not released it to the public. This is a pretty major bug.
    03-18-09 09:58 AM
    Same problem- calendar... I don't mind it sync b-day but when I'm using today theme it shows only appoitments from facebook calendar and dnot those linked to my primary email. How can I change it?! I want to see both.
    You need to set your other calendar (not the FB calendar) as the default calendar in the options menu. I think this should fix your Today's Theme.
    03-18-09 09:59 AM
    You need to set your other calendar (not the FB calendar) as the default calendar in the options menu. I think this should fix your Today's Theme.
    I can't such option in calendar menu as "default calendar" or "primary calendar"

How should I do itz?

03-18-09 10:23 AM
700 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD