12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Link doesn't work for me. I get an error message saying, "A problem occurred while trying to render the page.' Thoughts?

Also, I am running 4.6.1.168 os and I tried to install FB 1.5 via DM and it said there was no applications available for my device. Is my DM version too old?
    03-15-09 06:57 PM
    Link doesn't work for me. I get an error message saying, "A problem occurred while trying to render the page.' Thoughts?

Also, I am running 4.6.1.168 os and I tried to install FB 1.5 via DM and it said there was no applications available for my device. Is my DM version too old?
    DM version has nothing to do with OTA downloads
    03-15-09 07:08 PM
    This guy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    can read?

Thanks!
    03-15-09 07:10 PM
    +1 for problems synching
    Really wished I didn't give into temptation.
    03-15-09 07:19 PM
    i don't get what the differences are? i installed it, but nothing new is on it...
    03-15-09 07:24 PM
    I linked my wives FB profile with my BB contacts. Although I had a notification for her phone number request. She never got the request. So maybe the phone number request isn't active on the site yet?
    03-15-09 07:28 PM
    DM version has nothing to do with OTA downloads
    Forgive me if I wasn't clear enough. I actually meant to say that I tried BOTH OTA and DM and none proved to suffice. Ota said it was having problems even getting to a download screen, and, DM said that it can not find any new applications to be updated .

Any help?
    03-15-09 07:31 PM
    Just downloaded and installed onto my Blackberry Curve 8900 and it works flawlessly. I also have F/W .174 if that helps?
    03-15-09 07:39 PM
    installation went great for me, app seems to be working fine as well..

i sync'd about 50 facebook contacts to my BB contacts and all but 2 worked, there all linked but 2 of them did not download pics, has anyone else experienced this?
    03-15-09 07:42 PM
    Disregard - I got the ota to work!
    03-15-09 07:48 PM
    What is it for? Coud any body explain? Thanks.
    03-15-09 07:52 PM
    What is it for? Coud any body explain? Thanks.
    Let me google that for you
    03-15-09 07:58 PM
    I linked my wives FB profile with my BB contacts. Although I had a notification for her phone number request. She never got the request. So maybe the phone number request isn't active on the site yet?

I really hope they take this phone number request option.

syncing

usually in this new facebook app it doesn't find my blackberry contact and i have to select my blackberry contact by typing it out even if their facebook name and their name on my blackberry are the same

when it does work properly, it would simply say "Link this friend to BlackBerry contact John Doe"

when the names don't match, you would have to find the blackberry contact youself by typing it out. "This friend is not currently associated with your BlackBerry Contact list. Select the BlackBerry contact you want to link this friend to."

when i'm syncing a facebook contact with a phone number on their profile with a blackberry contact it works just fine.

my problem is when im syncing a facebook contact without a phone number on their profile but since you have them on your blackberry, obviously you have their phone number, it would send a Phone Number Request; "You have requested John Doe's phone number. You will be notified when John Doe adds a number to your Facebook phonebook."

this feature of 1.5 really annoying because not everybody puts their phone number on facebook. and since you're syncing your facebook contact to someone that is in your blackberry already, it's a given that you would have their number already.

i find that syncing your facebook contact to your Blackberry contact works flawlessly if their names match and have a number on their facebook profile.
    03-15-09 08:37 PM
    im gone for a day and look what i miss!! shame i have a curve
    03-15-09 09:21 PM
    worked great for me. bold/.247
    03-15-09 09:33 PM
    you cant copy and paste because facebook takes the phone number and makes an image file out of it

I was afraid of this....syncing is a very balanced act

go into your serviceboks...highlight facebook [cical] and delete it

There was no facebook [cical] servicebook. That's the first thing I checked. I did it the hard way I guess (reload OS), but I took that as an opportunity to upgrade to .247 so I guess it worked out
    03-15-09 09:45 PM
    im gone for a day and look what i miss!! shame i have a curve
    -pats on the back- there there....

in my case the sync thing just found 1 match aside of that i had to manually add the ppl i wanted to ...now for the message thing its not doing it because one of my contacts i manually linked is my wife and she has not received anything.. the option can be checked off from the beginning right after you install so if you think this could be a bad thing for you just tag it off... so far i like the new version and for a .5 upgrade is does add some nice stuff like the calendar integration (it worked from right away for me with a birthday) and how the program moves about the pictures etc plus now it lets you comment on pics where you are tagged ... so i give it a 1 thumb up so far... hope 2.0 does add chat
    03-15-09 09:55 PM
    installation went great for me, app seems to be working fine as well..

i sync'd about 50 facebook contacts to my BB contacts and all but 2 worked, there all linked but 2 of them did not download pics, has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes same here for me.. Some Birthdays got updated, while others didn't..
    03-15-09 09:55 PM
    Yes same here for me.. Some Birthdays got updated, while others didn't..
    did you link the contacts who didnt get updated manually? or you just let the program link them itself?

p.s. i wonder why the topic name has a , in 1,5 instead of a . :P
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 03-15-09 at 10:04 PM.
    03-15-09 09:59 PM
    did you link the contacts who didnt get updated manually? or you just let the program link them itself?
    I linked 3/4's of mine manually, which i didn't mind.. only took a few minutes.. but I still can't figure out why those wont download the picture.. Ive tried clicking the refresh contact button, Ive tried unlinking them and relinking them.. all my other linked contacts now have call display pictures on my Bold, but these 2 will not.
    03-15-09 10:04 PM
    If any wants to chat on facebook as the 1.5 does not support that yet, go to Palringo.com and down load the appliaction on your phone, it works excellent, I have been using it for over two weeks now with no problems
    thanks for the info! its nice to have everything in one app!
    03-15-09 10:05 PM
    I linked 3/4's of mine manually, which i didn't mind.. only took a few minutes.. but I still can't figure out why those wont download the picture.. Ive tried clicking the refresh contact button, Ive tried unlinking them and relinking them.. all my other linked contacts now have call display pictures on my Bold, but these 2 will not.
    yeah same for me..im thinking maybe its something to do with their privacy settings or something?
    03-15-09 11:00 PM
    Very mediocre

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:00 PM
    Guys,

Can somebody help me? I used to have FB 1.2 in my bb bold. WHenever someone send me message or write me on the wall, it will give me FB notification on my FB. But since I upgrade my FB into 1.5, I do not receive any FB notification on my BB anymore even though I got the notification via email on my computer. Please HELP me. Thank you
    03-15-09 11:38 PM
    Great, now my actual calendar appointments don't show up in my today theme. Only birthdays from friends on Facebook. Any way to fix this?
    03-16-09 12:19 AM
700 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD