12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Just installed on my Bold, glad its finally out, seems to be running ok with one small glitch i've noticed. I have several friends who have numbers up on facebook that it didnt link because i didnt have them in my contacts on my phone. When I try to make those friends into a new contact on my berry it wont add their numbers, adds their photos and facebook names, but wont transfer their numbers to the phone. try to update that contact and nothing happened either. Maybe i need to do it manually?
    03-15-09 02:50 PM
    Can someone release storm version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 02:58 PM
    Just installed on my Bold, glad its finally out, seems to be running ok with one small glitch i've noticed. I have several friends who have numbers up on facebook that it didnt link because i didnt have them in my contacts on my phone. When I try to make those friends into a new contact on my berry it wont add their numbers, adds their photos and facebook names, but wont transfer their numbers to the phone. try to update that contact and nothing happened either. Maybe i need to do it manually?
    your contact need to approve you first
    03-15-09 03:11 PM
    Im setting mine manually to avoid phone requests of ppl whom i already have numbers... i dont want to spam anyone but so far doing it manually is fast and not to big a hassle..
    03-15-09 03:30 PM
    installed and working well.
    03-15-09 04:06 PM
    I'm a little too excited that the updates on my BB and on my computer match all the time now.
    03-15-09 04:10 PM
    Im setting mine manually to avoid phone requests of ppl whom i already have numbers... i dont want to spam anyone but so far doing it manually is fast and not to big a hassle..
    If im not mistaken....isn't that what is causing the problem in the first place? by manually connecting a contact?
    03-15-09 04:13 PM
    If im not mistaken....isn't that what is causing the problem in the first place? by manually connecting a contact?
    What I have been doing is quickly making a phone call to the contact and then hanging up before it rings. Then you can create a new contact on your phone then you should be able to run the wizard again and be all set.
    03-15-09 04:16 PM
    Can anyone explain how to install this via DM please, never had a problem in the past. Any help would be great, thanks
    03-15-09 04:17 PM
    Loving it!! works great on .247 BB Bold!! All my contacts that have facebook mobile have their pics and work info showing in my address book! Thanks!!
    03-15-09 04:18 PM
    Loving it!! works great on .247 BB Bold!! All my contacts that have facebook mobile have their pics and work info showing in my address book! Thanks!!
    Did it do that automatically? Or did you have to do them one by one?

I did
    03-15-09 04:25 PM
    when you choose to 'link fb contact' to that contact in your address book it sends them a request for their phone number. a completely stupid not very well thought out feature imho, considering there actually is another option called 'request number'. maybe it is a bug of this leaked version. guess we will have to wait and see.

anyone thinking this is a bug?
    03-15-09 04:26 PM
    I Downloaded FB 1.5 OTA!

Running Good on Bold with .247!

is there anything else new on 1.5 other then the blackberry contacts links and calender? by the way linking with the blackberry contacts is really dope i like it alot!
    03-15-09 04:26 PM
    I Downloaded FB 1.5 OTA!

is there anything else new on 1.5 other then the blackberry contacts links and calender? by the way linking with the blackberry contacts is really dope i like it alot!
    How did you do that by OTA?
    03-15-09 04:30 PM
    Can anyone explain how to install this via DM please, never had a problem in the past. Any help would be great, thanks
    Uninstall 1.2.
    Extract the app.
    Plug in BB and load up DM.
    App Loader > Browse. Point to the .alx file located in where you extracted the app.
    And then just proceed to the end.
    I Downloaded FB 1.5 OTA!

How did you do that?

Is it officially online?
    no i got it from another form

google facebook 1.5 ota and its the second link
    03-15-09 04:32 PM
    I have an OTA set up at:
    http://theiexplorers.com/bb/facebook/facebook.jad
    no limit to bandwidth
    get downloading!
    03-15-09 04:39 PM
    Downloaded 1.5 a few hours ago and have been playing with it nonstop. Loving it so far. A few of the finer points I've noticed:

LINKING CONTACTS

The linking contacts is a great feature, but i cant seem to find those photos anywhere on my device to get a larger view for example. They seem to be stored as small images within the facebook app, so if the friends pic is from far away, you cant get a zoomed in pic for their caller idl.

Also I had to link alot of people manually, although it picked up seven or eight of them automatically. Seems to match phone numbers not names, so if you have their mobile, and they list their home number, it wont link. Also anyone who doesnt list their number on facebook you have to link manually and it sends them a phone number request.

I checked with friends already and they recieved no notification of a number request. Maybe this isnt active on facebook yet, since it hasnt been officially released.

Calendar

Very cool. Birthdays have been added to my calendar, I don't have any events, so none of them to be seen, but birthdays go in automatically for people you have linked to your contact list.

However people that are facebook friends and not in your contact list, you dont have those added into your calendar, which i like, because those people are just that. Facebook friends.

Messages List

Facebook messages now show up in my messages list with a fb icon where the BBM, envelop, and check marks for sms texts appear. I use a today theme, and have yet to see it appear in the messages heading on my homescreen, i'm not sure if it does.

REALLY NEAT FEATURES AND COOL FINDS SO FAR

I had a friend who posted a status comment, which I replied to through the app. It has been commented on twice since. In the message folder, the first comment notification was replaced by the second one. This also happened in the facebook app main screen as well. So rather than see the multiple comment thread notifications, it gets rid of the old one and only shows one. When viewing the comment thread through the app it lists all previous comments. Which is great because the one thing i hated was going from the app to the internet to comment on statuses, etc. Very Cool

Also when viewing status updates, it stores the updates from the last time you viewed them with a time stamp. Say its been two hours since you checked status updates. next time you check it, while updating, it shows the old set of status updates, with accurate times as to the status update on facebook.

It's an improvement, definately. I'll be happy with that for now, and hopefully the next update wont take a year and a half, and be two months delayed from when they say it will be out
    03-15-09 04:59 PM
    I was able to install it OTA without first deleting the old version. I'm on a Bold running 216.

03-15-09 04:59 PM
    does it work for the stom yet?

03-15-09 05:00 PM
    no not yet
    Soon I hope
    03-15-09 05:03 PM
    I have an OTA set up at:
    http://theiexplorers.com/bb/facebook/facebook.jad
    no limit to bandwidth
    get downloading!
    Thanks for the OTA. Now I don't have to wait to get home.
    03-15-09 05:07 PM
    this only works with 4.6 huh? that is a bummer for those of us running 4.7...
    03-15-09 05:16 PM
    this only works with 4.6 huh? that is a bummer for those of us running 4.7...
    and 4.5 =(
    03-15-09 05:18 PM
700 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD