12-07-11 06:37 AM
700 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    only way i've found to link contacts without sending them a message is to add something to the BB contact that is on facebook (email/different phone number etc.)

needs the option not to send the request though.
    03-15-09 11:27 AM
    where is that option? I can't see it. or is this the blackberry messenger thing that has been talked out - which i sadly interperated to be Facebook chat
    You are correct.
    03-15-09 11:34 AM
    It's stupid because it keeps requesting phone numbers when I already have the person's phone number... So redundant.
    Yes, that is more bad then you can immagine!!!!! i really hope that someone from RIM is reading these messages!
    If i already have contacts in my phonebook, i don't need their phone numbers!!!
    I've sent requests to people i don't speak to since many and many months! damn!!
    Holy crap... I don't like the fact that it did that if that's what it did. I do not like that it's shouted out requests to my facebook friends... some of them might get the idea that I actually want to be their friend... this sucks!
    03-15-09 11:39 AM
    Yea that is bad news. So there is no way to fix it?! I hope my friends just drop it and forget it haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:39 AM
    Thats too damn funny lol
    03-15-09 12:00 PM
    Just a possible heads up. My BB contact list still refused to sync with outlook even after reinstalling 1.5 & disabling the contacts feature. Not certain if its just me though. Get on it RIM!
    its actually a major problem with 1.5, i went through a lot to try and get this to work,. it doesnt im guessing this is why it hasnt been released yet. read my post back a few pages. I did get it back to original deleted facebook 1,5 then went to advanced backup and restored a previous adress book. This release is garbage until the sync get resolved
    03-15-09 12:03 PM
    Installed 1.5 on DM4.7. Works like a charm. Finally, i can comment on friends' status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-15-09 12:18 PM
    If I install 1.5 is it going to send everyone in my contacts an invite?
    03-15-09 12:20 PM
    No. If you manually link a FB friend to an address book contact, the application sends a system message through FB that you request their phone number. This actually prompts them to enter their number into their profile if its not there already.

There's no need for such a notification to be sent out since what you do with your FB friend's list and your address book contacts is your business. And most likely if you're manually linking your address book contacts to your FB friends, you probably already have their phone number, but they don't have it on their profile. It makes them think you're asking again.
    03-15-09 12:40 PM
    And we have to remember, this is just a bridge to FB 2.0 later this year.
    yeah i didnt expect to much to change cuz this is 1.5 and usually .5 upgrades dont go to far off... yet seems ok for now to keep us entertained
    03-15-09 12:42 PM
    2.0 is supposed to be released later in the year...
    03-15-09 12:44 PM
    I found this link on crackberry to install facebook OTA. just search for facebook 1.5 it will be displayed there
    03-15-09 12:44 PM
    is there any way to remove the stupid "facebook" entry in the calendar? I uninstalled FB 1.5, let it reboot, and it is still there.

Then I restored from a backup I made last night, prior to the FB install, thinking it would remove it. Nope.

Did a battery pull just to make sure. Entry is still there. I don't see any service books for it, and the app is no longer listed under applications.

Any one have any ideas?
    03-15-09 12:50 PM
    No. If you manually link a FB friend to an address book contact, the application sends a system message through FB that you request their phone number. This actually prompts them to enter their number into their profile if its not there already.

There's no need for such a notification to be sent out since what you do with your FB friend's list and your address book contacts is your business. And most likely if you're manually linking your address book contacts to your FB friends, you probably already have their phone number, but they don't have it on their profile. It makes them think you're asking again.

Thanks Lyiand, very good explanation. I now see where that selection would be made. This is OK then, if it's on an individual basis as opposed to an automatic broadcast request to all friends.
    03-15-09 12:51 PM
    About to install it
    03-15-09 12:56 PM
    yet again: When you choose to add a new contact to your address book from your FB friends, it only copies their name and FB name field. It doesn't transfer over the phone number even if they have it on their profile. It also won't let me copy and paste their phone number when I view it with the application, but it lets me highlight it.
    you cant copy and paste because facebook takes the phone number and makes an image file out of it

Just a possible heads up. My BB contact list still refused to sync with outlook even after reinstalling 1.5 & disabling the contacts feature. Not certain if its just me though. Get on it RIM!
    I was afraid of this....syncing is a very balanced act

is there any way to remove the stupid "facebook" entry in the calendar? I uninstalled FB 1.5, let it reboot, and it is still there.

Then I restored from a backup I made last night, prior to the FB install, thinking it would remove it. Nope.

Did a battery pull just to make sure. Entry is still there. I don't see any service books for it, and the app is no longer listed under applications.

Any one have any ideas?
    go into your serviceboks...highlight facebook [cical] and delete it
    03-15-09 01:00 PM
    I installed it last night. Now, I am normally a nervous Nellie about such things. Yet, I felt compelled to try it out for myself. Not too shabby. Not all the exciting either as PVT and Benz pointed out last night. Yet, I am more impressed with the fact that it has not have made any real dents in my app memory. Of course, I have only been on it for a few brief moments, so my thumbs up could turn into a thumbs down. However, for now, it is pretty cool.
    03-15-09 01:02 PM
    2.0 is supposed to be released later in the year...
    So, that means it will be leaked here next month.
    03-15-09 01:03 PM
    Hopefully, 1.5 was to be released in January, followed by 2.0 later on...
    03-15-09 01:07 PM
    for all 4.6 users that installed and saw no icon...I had the same problem and here's how I got around it.

1)Install 1.2
    2)Reboot
    3)Log in to FB on blackberry (not sure if this important or not)
    4)Installed 1.5 OTA...link in following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/her...-1-5-a-183206/ - courtesy of foxahmed

note: you will get a number of warning messages saying you a have a module of the same name already...select yes to overwrite for all of them.

5) Reboot
    6) Launched and it works!

In applications it doesn't have FB 1.2 just 1.5.

Don't know if this will work for everyone having problems but this is what got it working for me. Try at your own risk!
    Last edited by wingzero1; 03-15-09 at 01:12 PM.
    03-15-09 01:07 PM
    Ahh, i knew an OTA would be soon...
    03-15-09 01:09 PM
    This is much of an improvment but still waiting 2.0. Have a feeling its gonna be a long time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 01:13 PM
    I'm wondering how much this thing is running in the background. Certainly it needs to in order to give us the small facebook inbox notification and so forth. When roaming, I'd be inclined to disable most features to minimize data creep. ie: as I'd posted somewhere earlier, background replication between the berry and FB (ie: Calendar updates etc). Just me thinking out loud again...
    03-15-09 01:16 PM
    only wish it was out for the 4.5 os on my curve.......but hey its all good .........just means im that much closer to having it
    03-15-09 01:17 PM
    Can anyone convert the app in any way to make it work on 4.2.1 - 4.5 OS berries?
    That will probably come down the pipe soon. Be patient.
    03-15-09 01:19 PM
700 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD