12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I thought there was supposed to be some Facebook chat intergration! appears not
    03-15-09 04:43 AM
    I know it is not out for 4.7, but I am considering not installing it when it does because of this whole sending a phone number resquest !

I am unsure what the contact sync actually does, does it copy all your FB contacts to your BB contacts and request everyones numbers? Or just sync ones if it THINKS it matches up and request phone numbers?

You can do this manually? Right? So I can uncheck the 'sync' part when I set it up and it won't send anyone anything or update anything unless I manually link them up?
    03-15-09 04:51 AM
    arrgg, it shoves all its notifications in your inbox too, so you get an inbox full of ****
    03-15-09 05:19 AM
    I haven't installed 1.5 yet.. what's a "phonebook request"?
    When you link a friend to a phonebook contact, you send him/her the request to add his/her phone number to facebook profile.
    That is REALLY bad.
    03-15-09 05:53 AM
    arrgg, it shoves all its notifications in your inbox too, so you get an inbox full of ****
    Just turn off the messaging feature... That's why you have the option!

Had to restore the device since couldn't sync with outlook. Re-installed 1.5 but didn't enable contact integration at all. Hope they release the final version soon.
    03-15-09 06:23 AM
    i need an OTA link as i lost the micro usb cable for my 8900
    03-15-09 06:48 AM
    is it ok 4 the 8350 nextel facebook thatis
    03-15-09 07:01 AM
    Installed this morning love it so much better than the 1.2
    Thanks uploader =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 07:07 AM
    I know it is not out for 4.7, but I am considering not installing it when it does because of this whole sending a phone number resquest !

I am unsure what the contact sync actually does, does it copy all your FB contacts to your BB contacts and request everyones numbers? Or just sync ones if it THINKS it matches up and request phone numbers?

You can do this manually? Right? So I can uncheck the 'sync' part when I set it up and it won't send anyone anything or update anything unless I manually link them up?

Yes just don't sync them I also uncheck the inbox messages option as it fills up your message inbox with every single notification all in all I'm finding it so much better

03-15-09 07:11 AM
    will this work for the 8900 curve???
    03-15-09 08:19 AM
    buy one for ebay for few dollers... phone is rebooting now i hope it worked.. lol
    03-15-09 08:19 AM
    works fine for me 8900 .133 software and 4.6 desktop manager...

well it installed an the menu come up, now what do i do? lol
    Last edited by martyn; 03-15-09 at 08:31 AM.
    03-15-09 08:23 AM
    It's stupid because it keeps requesting phone numbers when I already have the person's phone number... So redundant.
    Yes, that is more bad then you can immagine!!!!! i really hope that someone from RIM is reading these messages!
    If i already have contacts in my phonebook, i don't need their phone numbers!!!
    I've sent requests to people i don't speak to since many and many months! damn!!
    03-15-09 08:51 AM
    how do I install it from my desktop computer using the blackberry desktop manager ?
    03-15-09 09:05 AM
    Tried to install through Pocketmac and it just didn't start the install, the installing status bar didn't appear, and my bb didn't recognise that anything was being installed.
    03-15-09 09:10 AM
    its is 1.5 but only for software versions 4.6+.....I installed it on my curve and it didnt show up.
    03-15-09 09:11 AM
    I have a Sprint 8330 4.5 curve. The app installs just fine aftr deleting the current version. But, it does not appear anywhere for me to run it.

uninstalled, waiting for official version.

sigh.
    03-15-09 09:17 AM
    Just turn off the messaging feature... That's why you have the option!

Had to restore the device since couldn't sync with outlook. Re-installed 1.5 but didn't enable contact integration at all. Hope they release the final version soon.
    where is that option? I can't see it. or is this the blackberry messenger thing that has been talked out - which i sadly interperated to be Facebook chat
    03-15-09 09:25 AM
    installed on my 8900 works great. Love the fb pics to contacts feature.
    03-15-09 09:38 AM
    installed on my 8900 works great. Love the fb pics to contacts feature.
    me too! i ve picture caller id!
    03-15-09 09:42 AM
    where is that option? I can't see it. or is this the blackberry messenger thing that has been talked out - which i sadly interperated to be Facebook chat
    In your Facebook application from your phone, select the menu option and go to "Options" and it should list new features. Uncheck "BlackBerry Message application.
    03-15-09 09:43 AM
    BIG PROBLEM!
    I went into the app to intergrate my contacts with facebook, and I had to do it one by one, which obviously isn't a problem. After I got about halfway done, I realized that every time I linked them, it requested that persons phone number! This is not good

Is there any way to link them WITHOUT having to request the person's phone number?

03-15-09 10:16 AM
    BIG PROBLEM!
    I went into the app to intergrate my contacts with facebook, and I had to do it one by one, which obviously isn't a problem. After I got about halfway done, I realized that every time I linked them, it requested that persons phone number! This is not good

Is there any way to link them WITHOUT having to request the person's phone number?

Hehe you didn't read a couple of messages back....
    That's a BIG problem, i've sent a dozen of messages today explaining what did i do and why did they receive that request, that's really embarassing...

RIM, i know you're reading, fix that! it's against my own privacy!
    Last edited by Danielem; 03-15-09 at 10:25 AM.
    03-15-09 10:22 AM
    Hehe you didn't read a couple of messages back....
    That's a BIG problem, i've sent a dozen of messages today explaining what did i do and why did they receive that request, that's really embarassing...
    I agree. I am waiting for those messages to start coming in. I am guessing this is why it is taking RIM so long to release this app. They are probably have issues getting it not to request the phone number of somebody whose number is already in your phone book.
    03-15-09 10:26 AM
    Just a possible heads up. My BB contact list still refused to sync with outlook even after reinstalling 1.5 & disabling the contacts feature. Not certain if its just me though. Get on it RIM!
    03-15-09 10:26 AM
700 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD