12-07-11 05:37 AM
700 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Installed...everything looks and smells ok at the moment. I'm happy to report that uploading pics now results in a far less grainy picture on Facebook. 1.2 would seriously degrade the quality from the uploaded pics, and 1.5 is far better.
    03-14-09 11:51 PM
    Works fine on my Bold. The application does link your address book contacts to your FB friends, or at least most of them based on some matching method. There may be some FB friends that don't get matched to your phone book contacts for some reason, but you can manually link them. This creates a new field for your contacts with their "Facebook name." You can now send them a FB message or write on their wall from the address book menu.

Now few things I find annoying:

1. When you manually link an address book contact to a FB friend, for some reason it sends them a Phone Number Request systems notification. They will receive a notification that you want their phone number. It looks like something that you just type in as if you're sending it to them, but you're actually updating your profile with your phone number. In most cases, if you're linking address book contacts to FB friends, I'm sure you already have their phone numbers, but they may not have it in their FB profile. As you can see, this could be utterly embarassing.

2. When you link an address book contact to a FB friend, it updated the company field in the address book according to the current company in their profile. I haven't checked thoroughly, but this raises a concern that the imported FB data could overwrite information I've already stored about that contact. So far, it looks like it didn't do that.
    03-14-09 11:51 PM
    Works fine on my Bold. The application does link your address book contacts to your FB friends, or at least most of them based on some matching method. There may be some FB friends that don't get matched to your phone book contacts for some reason, but you can manually link them. This creates a new field for your contacts with their "Facebook name." You can now send them a FB message or write on their wall from the address book menu.

Now few things I find annoying:

1. When you manually link an address book contact to a FB friend, for some reason it sends them a Phone Number Request systems notification. They will receive a notification that you want their phone number. It looks like something that you just type in as if you're sending it to them, but you're actually updating your profile with your phone number. In most cases, if you're linking address book contacts to FB friends, I'm sure you already have their phone numbers, but they may not have it in their FB profile. As you can see, this could be utterly embarassing.

2. When you link an address book contact to a FB friend, it updated the company field in the address book according to the current company in their profile. I haven't checked thoroughly, but this raises a concern that the imported FB data could overwrite information I've already stored about that contact. So far, it looks like it didn't do that.
    That request is really annoying.
    I don't know why it would send a request to friends that already have a number stored on my phone already.
    03-14-09 11:53 PM
    Wow... Few hours with the new facebook and my battery was full! I had onlu use one bar and 3 hours later I only left 1 bar... It has drained my battery so bad I guess I will remove the application and wait to have a stable one !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 12:02 AM
    i think there may be a reason they havent officially released it lol
    03-15-09 12:05 AM
    runs fine on my .247 bold. not really a big improvement. hoping for some sort of chat integration. disapointed yet again
    03-15-09 12:13 AM
    Here's another mystery: When you refresh your address book contact based on FB, why do some friends' profile pictures not sync to your address books picture?
    03-15-09 12:15 AM
    And we have to remember, this is just a bridge to FB 2.0 later this year.
    03-15-09 12:15 AM
    yet again: When you choose to add a new contact to your address book from your FB friends, it only copies their name and FB name field. It doesn't transfer over the phone number even if they have it on their profile. It also won't let me copy and paste their phone number when I view it with the application, but it lets me highlight it.
    03-15-09 12:23 AM
    It rocks... Thanks.!!
    03-15-09 12:27 AM
    Works fine on my Bold but that auto phone number request is annoying. There are people I haven't talked to in years and now it looks like I want their phone number. On the bright side, maybe it'll induce more people to include their phone numbers on their profiles.

Also annoying: From the app, you can call people who have their numbers on FB but there's no option to text message them. It'd also be nice if FB had a PIN field.
    03-15-09 12:33 AM
    Everyone's too excited for this....it still has the same crappy icons / interface as 1.2 had...with the exception of the "integration" it's the same old, email based software...

Socialscope ftw once they add internal commenting like FB 1.5 added
    03-15-09 12:33 AM
    Hey
    i know've people have asked this question multiple times but its never been answered.

I've downloaded it onto my 8900 and deleted the 1.2 version but the icon doesn't appear at all. i've tried multiple times of reinstalling and deleting but it stays gone. the only thing that appears is the facebook link which lets you download version 1.2.
    Anyone know what to do?

Thx in advance
    03-15-09 12:35 AM
    The annoyance of sending friends a phone number request implies that you can do this from the regular website. Does anybody know if that is actually possible?
    Last edited by Lyiand; 03-15-09 at 01:14 AM.
    03-15-09 12:38 AM
    argh , still have to wait on the 4.5 release ??? oh well i guess another week, month wont kill me but it killed me tonight when one of my patrons come in sporting it on his 9000.......
    03-15-09 12:48 AM
    Done. Installed on Bold. Delete 1.2 in Application, run DM and Add 1.5 .alx
    Last edited by safri; 03-15-09 at 01:28 AM.
    03-15-09 01:26 AM
    Nice!!! It works perfectly. The reboot did take about 5-7 mins after installation. This is also on a bold .247.
    03-15-09 01:45 AM
    Hey
    i know've people have asked this question multiple times but its never been answered.

I've downloaded it onto my 8900 and deleted the 1.2 version but the icon doesn't appear at all. i've tried multiple times of reinstalling and deleting but it stays gone. the only thing that appears is the facebook link which lets you download version 1.2.
    Anyone know what to do?

Thx in advance
    Seems to work for some and not for others. Maybe it depends on other apps that are running and not compatible. No one has answered my question so I'm guessing it's just a mistery.

I've tried everything I can think off. I've checked permissions, deleted 1.2, re-installed 1.5, rebooted, pulled battery, nothing has worked.

If I delete 1.2 I get no Facebook icon anywhere. If I don't delete 1.2 the Bold always runs version 1.2.
    03-15-09 02:36 AM
    If this version is work where i can download this file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 02:53 AM
    NO workie on the Curve 8900 with 4.6 OS
    03-15-09 03:14 AM
    Is there an OTA link? When is the official program going to be released?
    03-15-09 03:28 AM
    NO workie on the Curve 8900 with 4.6 OS
    Same here, no available updates for your device error when trying to point desktop manager to the ALX file
    03-15-09 03:58 AM
    Works Perfectly fine !!
    Just updated a few of my contacts through facebook and their current profile pictures show up right away. It also automatically recognizes the names of the people on the BB addressbook !

running .247 BOLD
    03-15-09 04:15 AM
    I really like it it works really well! hehe.
    03-15-09 04:22 AM
    It's stupid because it keeps requesting phone numbers when I already have the person's phone number... So redundant.
    03-15-09 04:37 AM
700 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD