I've got this case from Case-Mate, Case-Mate BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Signature Leather Case & Holster Combo (Case-Mate CM010236), BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather, I don't see anything on their site about the magnet I've read about which is needed to activate holster mode. Any suggestions for adding a magnet (and how weak/strong should it be) to this case?

As a new BB user, am I correct that any of my phone settings that use the "Holster" setting are getting ignored since I don't have a case with a magnet?

In Holster, Out of Holster, Always? In my case, should I set them to Always if I want them to be active? Ie. Vibrate?
    01-10-10 09:03 PM
    Easiest way to see if there is a magnet: insert your BlackBerry into the case, if the display goes off, you have a magnet.

Then set your profiles to whatever you like :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 09:27 PM
    Cool, it does, I didn't know that. That may explain some of my auto-answer/ringtone issues I was having (still trying to learn all the ins/outs of the BB OS). But does the 9550 go into Sleep mode, or just lock? I've set the Options>Password>Lock Handheld Upon Holstering>Yes and placing it in the holster does lock it.

However, as an intersting side note, I've got the iBerrySlider_v5.1 theme and when it's at the base screen (showing all application icons) it does lock, when it's in the iPhone-ish looking screen it won't lock when going into the holster.

Thanks
    01-10-10 09:56 PM
    Magnet sends it to sleep mode.

Go into Options>Sounds and Ring Tones. You'll be able to configure both "in holster" and "out of holster" there. For me, I have set my settings so my BB only vibrates in the holster, rings outside. It's up to you what you prefer. My 2c.
    01-10-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD