Hey everyone, my friends and I started a BBM group for our class of MBA students. However, apparently there is a 30-people limit for BBM groups (there are 200+ people in our class). This limit needs to be removed, especially now that RIM will be facing competition from iMessage and Samsung's messenger service. Anyone else who has ever had a BBM group that they wanted more than 30 people in it?
    09-08-11 10:55 AM
    It would be nice if they allowed more than 30 people at a time, but you can always broadcast a message if it's that important.
    09-08-11 12:11 PM
    Thirty contacts in one group, that's a lot. Nonetheless, I agree with you, they should remove the limit.
    09-08-11 01:13 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    set up 7 groups of 30 ...
    09-08-11 01:16 PM
    I would like to see groups expanded as well,
    Except that I look at how much battery an active group of 30 eats, I can only imagine what 200 would do.

Ideally a group chat of 200 would be too hard to follow, what RIM needs is a BBM collaboration app, that allows list posts, image/file uploads, and alterts, similar to groups, minus the chat, and a refined notification scheme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 01:26 PM
    set up 7 groups of 30 ...
    7 groups of 30 wouldn't work.

You need to draw the groups as ven diagrams
    So all groups have a crossing.

10 groups of 30 users with propper crossings would give you just enough, 9 users from each group would be in an other group to report back of good information, or you'd have to set group captians and have 8 groups each having a captian to be in the 8th group to share all the combined group information

09-08-11 01:31 PM
    I would like to see groups expanded as well,
    Except that I look at how much battery an active group of 30 eats, I can only imagine what 200 would do.

Ideally a group chat of 200 would be too hard to follow, what RIM needs is a BBM collaboration app, that allows list posts, image/file uploads, and alterts, similar to groups, minus the chat, and a refined notification scheme

Ya you're right. 200 is too large a number. But the limit should be increased to 50. It's a nice round number, and is half of a hundred.

As for your collaboration app idea, I would guess that RIM has more BBM apps in the pipeline, and that BBM Music is just the tip of the iceberg. RIM really wants to strengthen the BBM Platform, and additional BBM cloud-based apps would be useful for BB users. The NOC really allows RIM to do a lot of new things in the cloud, as long as they just try.

Anyways, I'll try to email RIM about expanding the 30-person limit, and give them a link to this discussion.
    09-09-11 03:46 PM
    I think the limit should be increased as well. Not sure how much it would be able to handle, but 30 is not enough.

Also excited to see what RIM has in store for BBM related apps.
    09-09-11 04:45 PM
    I think the limit should be increased as well. Not sure how much it would be able to handle, but 30 is not enough.

Also excited to see what RIM has in store for BBM related apps.
    09-09-11 04:47 PM
    Notification system needs reworking. Everytime I'm in a group and someone changes the slightest thing then I get a notif

09-09-11 07:39 PM
    would there not be away to create an app that would link the bbm groups so you could keep the goups could filtter chats to other groups automatacily ?
    08-03-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD