04-06-11 03:44 AM
44 12
tools
    yah....ever heard of the last straw?

I'm looking for simplification. Not complication.
    04-02-11 06:35 AM
    I don't get truncated emails on my BES phone. Bis yes. Maybe the overall gripe is with the delivery platform.
    04-02-11 06:43 AM
    Yeah, I don't think my bank auto payments could handle yet another auto payment.
    04-02-11 06:44 AM
    ye, but to be honest its not that complicated
    its not like you have to manually transfer money to rim each month or stuff like that

then again, personal preference
    this whole thing wont happen anyway (probably)

i just want my bold touch + qnx phones ; >
    04-02-11 06:44 AM
    For those who are not "road warriors" in the sense that we don't get attachments on the road that must be viewed or long emails truncation is not a problem. But I can see where it would be an issue if you're working out of your device and you can't view spreadsheets or the whole conversation.
    For some, who choose not to carry a laptop (I sometimes don't carry a laptop because what we get weighs a ton), truncation is a problem.
    It would be nice to be able to leave the laptop behind and receive an email in its entirety will all pertinent attachments.
    I agree it would be easier,but couldn't you just have your emails forwarded to a Gmail account and open them that way?That's what I do...........in the meantime,of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 06:46 AM
    I agree it would be easier,but couldn't you just have your emails forwarded to a Gmail account and open them that way?That's what I do...........in the meantime,of course.

My Gmail experience hasn't been so great...I've been arguing with it almost all week trying to set up my Atrix to push and all I can think of is that when I bought the phone my friend and I were like kids in a candy store, playing with all the devices while the customer service rep set me up and something got royally screwed up. Point is, I've decided to walk away because every time I get super frustrated I go pick a fight with the horses and I'm going to kill one.
    I've thought of canceling my Google, Gmail, Youtube accounts and start over. What a pain.
    Or maybe I'm just a total id1ot.
    04-02-11 06:51 AM
    I and I'm sure others know it was a fools thread but I also saw the possibility of a way for RIM to entice new customers if they could offer a data plan cheaper than the carriers do.
    04-02-11 06:52 AM
    yah but it's fun to play along
    04-02-11 06:53 AM
    Man, a lot of you peeps fell for it and fell hard, lol!

I will say this though to play along.

If It saves me money, then I will pay 20 different bills. Auto setup through online banking...but, if it was more, well then hasta la vista!

May be that way anyway come early next year.

04-02-11 07:00 AM
    My Gmail experience hasn't been so great...I've been arguing with it almost all week trying to set up my Atrix to push and all I can think of is that when I bought the phone my friend and I were like kids in a candy store, playing with all the devices while the customer service rep set me up and something got royally screwed up. Point is, I've decided to walk away because every time I get super frustrated I go pick a fight with the horses and I'm going to kill one.
    I've thought of canceling my Google, Gmail, Youtube accounts and start over. What a pain.
    Or maybe I'm just a total id1ot.
    Hahaha!!I've read your posts for quite some time and you certainly are not an *****.I had an issue when I first set up my account as well,but since then,I've had no problems.I actually love it.

04-02-11 07:04 AM
    And just think of all the people buying BBs now being forced into a data plan. If RIM charges directly, then the carrier has no say what device you have on your service and will not be auto charging, at least not data wise.

Personally, I would have no issues with RIM charging directly for data access. But that is just me. Would be nice to be given an option of either.
    04-02-11 07:05 AM
    Hahaha!!I've read your posts for quite some time and you certainly are not an *****.I had an issue when I first set up my account as well,but since then,I've had no problems.I actually love it.

aaawww, luv, thanks for the vote of confidence....let me tell you, right now I feel like the only person in this universe who can't seem to be able to properly set up my Atrix to push. Seems everyone else is able to do it!

but let me not hijack this thread.....
    04-02-11 08:25 AM
    aaawww, luv, thanks for the vote of confidence....let me tell you, right now I feel like the only person in this universe who can't seem to be able to properly set up my Atrix to push. Seems everyone else is able to do it!

Is there anyway you can start all over, like reinstalling the OS on a bb so you can try to get it setup properly?

Ooops, now I'm helping hijack the thread.................sorry.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-02-11 at 09:33 AM. Reason: hijack
    04-02-11 09:32 AM
    If the email is that important, you have a copy on your computer, get over it.
    Um I don't wanna have to go to my living room and get all situated when I first wake up and I get my ESPN daily email and it's too big for BIS to open it through my inbox. I'm dead and I just wanna read the bloody email. I had to set up a third party client to even get it to a usable state but it still has kinks.
    04-02-11 11:02 AM
    Is there anyway you can start all over, like reinstalling the OS on a bb so you can try to get it setup properly?

Ooops, now I'm helping hijack the thread.................sorry.

I kinda did! It works now!!!

04-02-11 05:27 PM
    if thats the case, hello iPhone for me

ok edit. was that just an april fools joke lol
    04-02-11 09:24 PM
    I don't get truncated emails on my BES phone. Bis yes. Maybe the overall gripe is with the delivery platform.
    I believe there is a way to turn off truncation in BES. Microsoft Exchange (without BES) has an option to Truncate emails as well, but no one uses it, and even if they did you could simply tell you phone to download the rest, so it is never truly truncated the way BIS is.

Also, if you get a larger email through your BIS account and it's truncated, IIRC you cannot just run to your computer and get it. After all, the speed benefits of email on a Blackberry are only really materialized when sending/recieving from the BIS account. Everything else is par with other platforms using ActiveSync or Push clients.
    04-04-11 02:33 PM
    I believe there is a way to turn off truncation in BES. Microsoft Exchange (without BES) has an option to Truncate emails as well, but no one uses it, and even if they did you could simply tell you phone to download the rest, so it is never truly truncated the way BIS is.
    LOL I get truncated emails on my work BB which uses BES. I guess our IT guys enabled it for some reason.
    04-04-11 04:57 PM
    hilarious article. we already pay RIM through our carriers for BIS.

04-06-11 03:44 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD