04-06-11 04:44 AM
44 12
tools
    http://n4bb.com/5422/exclusive-bis-a...-rim-for-bis-2

What do you fine folks make of this? Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 06:06 PM
    This would suck if we have to pay RIM directly for service. BIS is already included in my unlimited plan. Making people pay more for Blackberry devices and services will just hurt sales more.
    03-31-11 08:03 PM
    Okay, so let me get this straight...
    1. RIM has lost and is lossing marketshare in key markets like NA to iOS and Android
    2. RIM has admitted publically that they are in a "Transition"
    3. RIM has an inferior product to the competition (why else whould they be transitioning?)

And now RIM swant the consumer to pay for services that they not only used to get for free, but can get for free from other manufacturers!?

please pass along some of what they are smoking. If they charge for BIS, they are dead. BB's will not sell anywhere.
    03-31-11 08:11 PM
    Okay, so let me get this straight...
    1. RIM has lost and is lossing marketshare in key markets like NA to iOS and Android
    2. RIM has admitted publically that they are in a "Transition"
    3. RIM has an inferior product to the competition (why else whould they be transitioning?)

And now RIM swant the consumer to pay for services that they not only used to get for free, but can get for free from other manufacturers!?

please pass along some of what they are smoking. If they charge for BIS, they are dead. BB's will not sell anywhere.
    I don't believe the fees will go up in total. Maybe a different split.

As far as number 3 goes....all companies are in a state of transition. IMO RIM is moving from a good product line to a great product line.

Kind of what Microsoft did with Vista to Windows 7. They transitioned from a good 64 bit os to a great 64 bit os.
    03-31-11 08:21 PM
    There is no way in **** I would pay extra for BIS. If I can use a BB just like every other smartphone, and not go through the NOC, I will be fine not paying RIM and just paying an unlimited data plan. If I have to pay RIM as well, I see a QNX device (or any BB) nowhere in my future purchases.
    03-31-11 08:21 PM
    03-31-11 08:26 PM
    iphone will be looking really good if this happens
    03-31-11 08:57 PM
    I sure as **** won't be picking up this extra fee, should it be implemented
    At least we may have other options, should the likes of BBM become available for our counter part devices!
    03-31-11 09:09 PM
    It depends on how they do it. What is the difference if you pay vzw $25 or whatever they charge a month for BIS or you pay RIM $25 a month other than having 2 different bills and that's only if they don't work something out with the carriers that you pay them and they pay RIM.

Pay the carrier for voice and RIM for data, who knows it may even be cheaper but I doubt that.
    03-31-11 09:26 PM
    corporate discount thru VZW (or any carrier) and if you have to pay RIM $15 and VZW $15 you probably dont get the discount on that portion that goes to RIM

who knows
    03-31-11 09:36 PM
    Lol. This is BS. They hit "post" too early on their April 1 hillarity.

Nothing to see here folks .

03-31-11 09:36 PM
    corporate discount thru VZW (or any carrier) and if you have to pay RIM $15 and VZW $15 you probably dont get the discount on that portion that goes to RIM

who knows
    Was my first thought as well. Not using my corporate discount on my data currently; as I was lucky enough to get in on the $20 off unlimited data promo, but I would like to keep that as long as possible.
    03-31-11 09:41 PM
    I'm leaning towards RIM possibly purchasing bulk Data from the carriers and leveraging their network efficiency to pass on data savings to consumers...they use at least 1/3 the bandwidth ...possibly less then that with some of the the competition....(Heard it was up to 1/4 of android)

Before everyone gets there back up.....take a chill pill!

Once the effects of the chill pill takes effect...look at how this could be a plus to the consumer....

Rim leveraging their own network efficiency and purchasing data in bulk from the carrier gives them incentive to pass on savings to the consumer....

I feel something along these lines are much more realistic !Let's face it RIM has bandwidth efficiency as an ace up their sleeve....time to work out this ace up RIM's sleeve as a competitive advantage...this is good for the consumer!

RIM's network efficiency is an ace to consumers.....an ace to carriers....why shouldn't be an ace to RIM in regards to passing on further savings?

Before you get alarmed!......see how this is more realisticaly a win-win scenario for all parties...especialy the consumer...
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-31-11 at 10:28 PM.
    03-31-11 10:20 PM
    Complete BS.

Next .....
    03-31-11 10:31 PM
    yes truncated emails are the ace up the sleeve...
    03-31-11 10:33 PM
    A cheaper monthly bill for me is!

American's can't yet appreciate data efficiency as they aren't in the tiered data plan realms of the rest of the world!

However they will be in due course!

I'm actually very interested in how this unfolds....if anyone honestly believes this will increase your monthly bill ...you should really give your head a shake!

This is a very positive development!

Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-31-11 at 10:45 PM.
    03-31-11 10:42 PM
    K-W I alwyas appreciate your enthusiasm, but this is definitly an April Fools joke . It is no development at all. It is a joke. A bad, lame one. But a joke nevertheless.

03-31-11 11:27 PM
    if anyone honestly believes this will increase your monthly bill ...you should really give your head a shake!

This is a very positive development!

Example: My plan with Sprint is $129 per month family unlimited plan. I get unlimited data, txts, everything and 1500 voice minutes per month for all my phones to share. I also have two additional lines that bring everything up to $200 per month. I have four Blackberry devices on my account because with the plan it doesn't matter what type of phones I have, and BIS for all the phone is included in that price. The plan is the same if I'm using Android, WP7 or Blackberry. If this were to be implemented, do you think Sprint is going to lower the cost of my plan? Nope I'll be told now BIS is handled by RIM and I'll need to pay them $X per month times 4, and kill all of the value add of having a BB!
    04-01-11 07:21 AM
    Pay rim for bis?

04-01-11 11:57 PM
    This is garbage. I can see that maybe tying it into the Blackberry IDs may make sense but this would be garbage if it were true. Thankfully it isn't as they didn't even say their source.
    04-02-11 03:16 AM
    I can't believe u guys r falling for this. Its april fools man cmon guys get with the program.

And think logically rim wouldnt ever do this it be stupid serious think guys

04-02-11 04:02 AM
    If the email is that important, you have a copy on your computer, get over it.
    04-02-11 06:38 AM
    If the email is that important, you have a copy on your computer, get over it.
    For those who are not "road warriors" in the sense that we don't get attachments on the road that must be viewed or long emails truncation is not a problem. But I can see where it would be an issue if you're working out of your device and you can't view spreadsheets or the whole conversation.
    For some, who choose not to carry a laptop (I sometimes don't carry a laptop because what we get weighs a ton), truncation is a problem.
    It would be nice to be able to leave the laptop behind and receive an email in its entirety will all pertinent attachments.
    04-02-11 06:46 AM
    I want for my life to get simpler and more manageable, not more complicated. I want one bill for my smartphone. To my carrier. If RiM implements this, it could be time to move on.
    As much as I love my BBerries, I don't want to have to deal with a monthly bill to RIM, even if it is through AppWorld.
    Simplify my life, don't give me another bill to remember each month.
    I went from WM to BB - I can go from BB straight to entirely Android and get Mr. Qbnkelt whatever he wants. I'd have to get my Mum trained on another device....what a pain....
    04-02-11 06:51 AM
    because it would be so much more complicated having "1 more bill" xD
    04-02-11 07:07 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD