Hi all,

I don't want my BBM messages from groups and whatnot to merge with my messages folder, which totally drowns out important texts and emails. Any way around this, short of separating the inbox to SMS/MMS and Email?
    12-11-09 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Menu
    Options
    Show Chats In Message Application: UNCHECK
    Save

Let me know if that works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:00 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Menu
    Options
    Save

Worked for me Thanks
    12-11-09 11:03 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Menu
    Options
    Save

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks! Worked great.
    12-11-09 11:14 AM
    Does Anyone know how to stop voicemails from showing in message list?

12-11-09 11:16 AM
    I spoke too soon, BBM still showing in Messages Application. Rebooting device now...
    12-11-09 11:30 AM
    Doesnt work for me.. I still see BBM messages in my Messages application..
    12-11-09 11:35 AM
    christy520 is correct. But, I was under the impression that if it was a GROUP message, it would still show in the messages folder.

So, for those of you where it's still showing, is it when you receive a group message, or normal message?
    12-11-09 11:39 AM
    Group message for me, haven't gotten a normal message in about an hour.
    12-11-09 11:42 AM
    ...say hello to one of your friends! LOL

12-11-09 11:44 AM
    Does Anyone know how to stop voicemails from showing in message list?

There is no way to disable that.

12-11-09 11:51 AM
    Oh bummer. Sorry it doesn't work with Group Messages. i never tried that for Groups, just regular BBM.

If you go into your Group options and select Group chat to show on home screen (an icon)...does that exclude it from Messages folder?

12-11-09 11:52 AM
    Oh bummer. Sorry it doesn't work with Group Messages. i never tried that for Groups, just regular BBM.

If you go into your Group options and select Group chat to show on home screen (an icon)...does that exclude it from Messages folder?

Only happening with group messages, confirmed (personal ones don't go to messages).

I showed the group on home screen, too, and it still goes into messages. This along with the increased battery usage (because of me using it more, hah) might be a deal breaker on BBM Groups for me.
    12-11-09 12:03 PM
    Ok, thanks for trying for me. i have to agree with you on thr increased battery usage. i also noticed a lag when i had a group loaded.

i have my Messages folder hidden, so the Group messages showing in that folder wasn't an issue for me.

i bailed out of 2 groups for the other reasons though. Besides, i'm not very social.

12-11-09 12:06 PM
    Ok, thanks for trying for me. i have to agree with you on thr increased battery usage. i also noticed a lag when i had a group loaded.

i have my Messages folder hidden, so the Group messages showing in that folder wasn't an issue for me.

i bailed out of 2 groups for the other reasons though. Besides, i'm not very social.

I guess the battery issue won't be so big for me since I'm getting the Seidio 2700mAH battery today, but I don't want to separate everything and use my email inboxes individually...I have 5 accounts going to my BB.
    12-11-09 12:08 PM
    Yes there is a fix Justin, here is how:

BBM --> go into your group (ie BB9700 Addicts) --> BB button --> group details --> go to bottom --> turn all notifications for this group put YES, and above that you have SETTINGS, where you can only get notifications for new pictures/new chat/ etc

that what I still see my normal BBM in my messages, but not the BBM from my groups.

hope that helps

credits to iblizz who helped me out
    Last edited by phamou; 12-11-09 at 12:30 PM.
    12-11-09 12:10 PM
    Yes there is a fix Justin, here is how:

BBM --> go into your group (ie BB9700 Addicts) --> BB button --> group details --> go to bottom --> turn all notifications for this group put YES, and above that you have SETTINGS, where you can only get notifications for new pictures/new chat/ etc

that what I still see my normal BBM in my messages, but not the BBM from my groups.

hope that helps
    Thanks bro! Worked like a charm. Glad you're in my group, too!
    12-11-09 12:19 PM
    Way to go, phamou! Glad there is an option for that!

12-11-09 12:20 PM
    group messages will not show up if you have disabled the "show in message appliocation" option
    12-12-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD