Hi CB, I recently upgraded my BBM to the new version (5.0) that is in my blackberry bookmarks page. Ever since I dowloaded it, at times my phone freezes and I can't go in to my text messages (only messages though, for some reason everything else works) and then ths message will come up

"Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(89) is not responding. Process terminated"

Also when I add a theme through my desktop manager, in the apps to be deleted section, BBM shows up but it doesnt get deleted.

It's been happening a lot lately. Can someone help me out with what to do with this issue? I called my carrier and they really couldn't do much. Should I just go back to the preloaded version of my BBM? Please let me know, thanks!
    05-07-10 03:06 PM
    Try downloading bbm from the app store, that is the latest version.
    05-07-10 03:09 PM
    I tried that and it still happened :/
    05-07-10 03:10 PM
    Hmmm.. My only suggestion would be to uninstall it completely, then reinstall from app world.

Maybe someone else will chime in with a solution.

Hope you figure it out!
    05-07-10 03:16 PM
    That happened to me a while back. I deleted BBM.....reset the device...and dl it again BUT did so from the BB website with my mobile browser. That cleared it up.
    05-07-10 03:17 PM
    ok i deleted it, i will restart and download from the bb website, hopefully itll work. Thank you both very much for your help

EDIT: isnt the blackberry website the same version as downloading it from the bookmarks?
    Last edited by mm22191; 05-07-10 at 03:25 PM.
    05-07-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD