05-18-11 04:37 PM
41 12
tools
    05-16-11 08:50 PM
    wow thank you op back to your cave or where ever trolls come from. bye. bye now.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    05-16-11 08:56 PM
    17 posts
    05-16-11 08:58 PM
    The article has some good points. That being said I don't think rim is going anywhere anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 09:08 PM
    Take a hike!

05-16-11 09:09 PM
    The guy that wrote that story is an *****. I wish people had to have creditentials to write about tech on sites. But I can see this is not the case. He states that the 9700 only got 6.0 a month before BBW. If I recall I've been running it for a lot longert then that. Too bad going to OS 7 won't meet his strict standards of what a big update is such as the update that gave apple users folders. It's going to be a big update or else the older phones could run it. I read the first half in whole and skimmed the second half. I wish I had back the time it took to read it.

05-16-11 10:00 PM
    It was such a worthless read. i could've been taking a dump instead of reading crap.
    vistate1 likes this.
    05-16-11 10:46 PM
    The title of the thread says enough for me to not even open the link. They all say the same thing and have no knowledge of what RIM is actually doing. Thanks OP, yes RIM is done....not

give your head a shake
    05-17-11 12:24 AM
    wow thank you op back to your cave or where ever trolls come from. bye. bye now.
    It's bridges, they live under bridges.
    05-17-11 12:49 AM
    This thread is accurately tagged.
    05-17-11 01:39 AM
    I have android now but blackberry still has its unique features. Nobody has a better portrait full QWERTY keyboard. Even though I have adjusted to full touch I still miss the days where I can bang emails and messages with ease on my 8900.

05-17-11 01:42 AM
    OK I have nobody to blame except my **** curiosity in reading the article which is rather like watching a train wreck. However the reporter is right in saying that RIM's last OS will be OS6 because imo Rim will be focusing on the QNX platform for 4g networks next.

But I can't help thinking that the reporter must moonlight for The National Enquirer or The Star or whatever that trashy tabloid is that have headlines like "Aliens ate my dog!"
    05-17-11 04:22 AM
    Oh yeah one more thing I notice the poster is ajmac25 is this another ifanatic come to gloat by posting that stupid article? If so "it" really needs to get a life and move out of its parents cave!
    05-17-11 04:27 AM
    I agree with some of what was in that article. But come on, RIM isn't dead, and it won't be dying anytime soon.

It is a shame the 9780 won't see OS7, which is going to force many people to upgrade the phone they just bought 6 months ago. It's also a shame the 9900 won't be seeing QNX, which is going to force many of you to upgrade again next year.

To me, it makes more sense to buy a different phone. I don't need the keyboard, I love it, but I've had an iphone before and I was plenty good at typing on that. I don't need push email, it certainly is nice but I wouldn't mind a phone manually checking my email however often. I'd really hate to lose the notification LED (best feature on my 9700 IMO) but it isn't a deal breaker. And I've never used BBM, my mother is the only person I know with a BB and I'd rather not take advantage of that feature (lol).

A lot of people (most of you) couldn't live without ^those features. RIM can't "die" when so many people still rely on their product. For the most part, that article was childish.. but thanks for giving me something to do at 2:00 AM.
    05-17-11 05:02 AM
    Oh yeah one more thing I notice the poster is ajmac25 is this another ifanatic come to gloat by posting that stupid article? If so "it" really needs to get a life and move out of its parents cave!
    Squawking about a two week old InfoWeird article... post and run. A three day course of Anti-Troll therapy will be applied to the OP.
    DAMION99 likes this.
    05-17-11 05:26 AM
    Let me answer your question, with a question.
    Who thinks the Original Post is wrong?

Last edited by Deathcommand; 05-17-11 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Clearity
    05-17-11 07:50 AM
    I agree with some of what was in that article. But come on, RIM isn't dead, and it won't be dying anytime soon.

It is a shame the 9780 won't see OS7, which is going to force many people to upgrade the phone they just bought 6 months ago. It's also a shame the 9900 won't be seeing QNX, which is going to force many of you to upgrade again next year.

To me, it makes more sense to buy a different phone. I don't need the keyboard, I love it, but I've had an iphone before and I was plenty good at typing on that. I don't need push email, it certainly is nice but I wouldn't mind a phone manually checking my email however often. I'd really hate to lose the notification LED (best feature on my 9700 IMO) but it isn't a deal breaker. And I've never used BBM, my mother is the only person I know with a BB and I'd rather not take advantage of that feature (lol).

A lot of people (most of you) couldn't live without ^those features. RIM can't "die" when so many people still rely on their product. For the most part, that article was childish.. but thanks for giving me something to do at 2:00 AM.
    I don't think anyone is forced to do anything. If you want the newest and greatest then by all means buy it but those phones will still work perfectly fine and as intended just like they do now.

It's not force but WANT.
    05-17-11 08:23 AM
    Let me answer your question, with a question.
    Who thinks OP is wrong?
    The OP provided no actual comment so is not technically wrong, the article itself had a great many flaws and biases.
    05-17-11 08:52 AM
    The OP provided no actual comment so is not technically wrong, the article itself had a great many flaws and biases.
    Original Post.
    Not Poster.
    Just to clarify. haha
    05-17-11 09:02 AM
    There is some merit to the article posted by the OP.

I think RIM in the next 5 years will stop selling hardware and focus on enterprise based services, offering solutions to iOS, Android and WP7 devices.

If you can't beat em, join em.
    05-17-11 09:56 AM
    I hate how some people have such hate for BlackBerry "Blackberrys suck...the screen's too small...Blackberrys outdated.." it's really getting old listening to people complain.

I don't think BlackBerry is going anywhere for a long time.
    05-17-11 10:00 AM
    Didn't read the article....refuse to give it a hit. Also I'm afraid I'd feel compelled to respond in what a friend refers to as a "very unladylike manner."

05-17-11 03:26 PM
    Highly doubt RIM is going anywhere, anytime soon....just sayin.
    05-17-11 04:54 PM
    Well with all the evidence on the net, it's clearly clear that RIM is going out of business and is stuck in an old business model. They can never recover. I mean, guys, they look their phones. Then, look at android phones and the iphone. I mean, there is just no way in **** they can even begin to catch up. They don't have a web browser and look at their cameras. What? No flash support? You've got to be kidding me. Battery pulls, glitches clocks. Blackberry is the new palm. They are going to get bought out. Besides no one ever uses BBM because everyone has left the blackberry platforms. There is no coming back from the hole they are in. They should be called "Research in Slow Motion." LOL Android now owns the market- look at their market share. Clearly Android is selling more phones. ANDROID.

Look at their STOCK PRICE for God's sake. No one believes they can do it. It's all over the news. I can't believe you guys still use Blackberry and continue to talk on this forum. Get a life.

give me a break hahahaha
    05-17-11 05:23 PM
    I have android now but blackberry still has its unique features. Nobody has a better portrait full QWERTY keyboard. Even though I have adjusted to full touch I still miss the days where I can bang emails and messages with ease on my 8900.

Yes. Poking a glass screen with one finger is not for me. Lol. Even on my PB I do not really like typing. Still tend to use the phone for emailing.
    05-17-11 05:29 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD