Hi,
    I had recently reset my BB 8520 to factory settings, after the reset i am facing the foll probs:
    1. Unable to configure my personal email it only shows the option of enterprise email
    2. Not able acess internet using wifi, tried the Wifi push button option but was unsuccesful.
    3. Could find the blackberry maps & update option anywhere.

pls help on the same,
    thnks
    03-07-12 11:18 PM
    I am experiencing the same issues with an 8530 after doing a reset.
    03-09-12 10:59 PM
    Do you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan?
    Did you try resending the Service Books?
    03-10-12 06:22 AM
    How do I resend the service books? I believe that I have a bb service plan. I am on boost.
    03-10-12 11:10 AM
    Login to the Email Settings/Setup application on the device.
    Press the Menu button.
    Select Service Books.
    Click Send Service Books.
    03-10-12 11:33 AM
    I don't have that option
    03-10-12 08:07 PM
    What options do you have when you press the Menu button after you log in to the Email Setup?
    03-10-12 09:00 PM
    next, switch application and close
    03-10-12 09:19 PM
    Are you holding the button? Don't do that.

Are you LOGGED IN to the Internet Email Setup/Settings application?
    gibby244 likes this.
    03-11-12 08:27 AM
    hi,
    thnks for the respomse, i Do not have a active BB data plan, but have an normal data plan active on my BB which allows to surf but doesnot allow to use BBM on it.
    Is it mandatory to ativate BB Data plan on blackberry phn to use the above functions.
    waht abt the Wifi usage, im am not able to surf the net using wifi.
    My phone version is 5.0.0681 is it upto date? i do not see update settings anywhere on the homescreen?
    pls help
    03-11-12 11:08 AM
    the problem is my phone. It is missing some key items in the os which makes getting email impossible. BB support told me this after over an hour on the phone with them through my carrier. I have decided to get a new bb instead of using this used one that has many issues. Thank you for your help.
    03-11-12 11:45 AM
    hi,
    thnks for the respomse, i Do not have a active BB data plan, but have an normal data plan active on my BB which allows to surf but doesnot allow to use BBM on it.
    Is it mandatory to ativate BB Data plan on blackberry phn to use the above functions.
    waht abt the Wifi usage, im am not able to surf the net using wifi.
    My phone version is 5.0.0681 is it upto date? i do not see update settings anywhere on the homescreen?
    pls help
    You need to have a BLACKBERRY specific data plan in order to access BLACKBERRY Data features such a push email (personal email setup), BlackBerry Browser, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry Maps, etc. even over WiFi.

You can look at the stickied threads at the top of this forum section to see if you have the latest device OS installed.
    03-11-12 03:19 PM
    I cant get my wifi to set up without a sim card. I keep getting this "W000: security Key" when i attempt to set up wifi. Can anyone help?
    04-12-12 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD