Can anyone recommend a program to block spam mail. I downloaded the free app from blackberry downloads called afbb but i have added several sites and they still keep popping up on my blackberry. Any advice sincerely appreciated
    astinut
    12-19-11 08:11 PM
    Go to your email acct on a computer and mark the annoying emails "spam" then they will end up in the gabbage! Are you getting numerous spam messages from different addresses? Have you downloaded any Jaredco apps? Jaredco is notorious for spiking their apps with an auto mailer that will invade your privacy and in some cases your contact list!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Laura Knotek and ASTINUT like this.
    12-19-11 09:42 PM
    Dear Albee 1;
    Thanks for your reply, very much appreciated. I have added literally hunderds of spam emailers to my blocked sender and junk files and they work fantastic however these do not block anything that goes to my blackberry. I do get multiple spam emails from the same emailer such as newsmax, dunhill vacations, moneynews.com etc. no i havenot downloaded anything from Jaredco. If i could somehow link my blackberry emails to my apple computer email spam blocks then i would be in great shape.
    thanks again for taking the time to reply.
    Astinut:
    12-20-11 01:07 PM
    One of the smartest and most effective ways to do this is to use a Gmail account - which blocks SPAM very aggressively and lets practically nothing get through. That would mean using your Gmail address as your primary address however. There are other ways I can think of, but the best way other than that is to use BESX/Exchange with something like ORF Enterprise, which is also a superb SPAM filter, like Gmail's filtering. That's not for most except those with Enterprise software...
    12-20-11 02:37 PM
    I use GMail and I get tons of spam. It shows up on my computer in the spam folder, but much of it shows up on my Blackberry. Not sure what's going on.
    12-30-11 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD