I am having been using Google Hosted Apps to handle my email for a few years and I recently upgraded to a premier account so I could use BES through exchangemymail.com's BES for Google Hosted Apps. The setup went fine, I deleted the BIS/GMail Enhanced Plugin account from my AT&T BIS account at that time. Everything worked perfectly, but I just didn't see the value in the extra $10/mo so I cancelled the service. Now I'm having problems.....

*The problem is due to changing my DNS MX records from Google to Postini.* I guess since the plugin was already configured, it was still working.

I wiped my phone to remove the IT policy and restored my phone data. When I attempted to add my email address back in through the Email Setup Wizard (selecting Gmail and keying my email@my.domain.name as I always do), I received the "Processing please wait" but then after 20-30 seconds I received an error which stated, "Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact (my domain name)". I clicked OK and proceeded to "I will provide the settings". I can get it setup using IMAP but cannot get the Email Setup Wizard to setup my account again.

I started thinking maybe it was my phone, but after trying to add the account to a Bold 9000, Storm 2 9550, Tour 9630, and a Curve 8530, I started to realize that the problem is not my phone.

I contacted Google for assistance but they're not being very responsive (waiting three days now for a response via email after calling them two nights ago). I was offered the temporary resolution of using IMAP which they told me they did not officially support and I'd like to use the Gmail Enhanced Plugin again.

Has anyone else experienced this or know if this is on Google or possibly even RIM's end? After canceling my account with exchangemymail, I reverted all of the CPanel configuration changes back to what they were prior to starting with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by tavella; 05-15-10 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Solved
    05-14-10 10:11 AM
    No one has experienced this? It figures I'd be the lucky one to get this kind of error. Teaches me to cancel service with Exchangemymail lol. Seriously, not blaming exchagemymail, they are a good company.
    05-15-10 08:16 PM
    I'm going out on a limb here & please bear in mind I have never had BES nor have I ever had Google Apps. but it sounds like you need a different approach..
    If you are trying to add your email account/s maybe you could add them through BIS.
    If you don't have an account set up with your phone carrier then give them a call & they can set it up for you & give you your log in information. Then add your email/s there which will be pushed to your phone.
    I really hope this helps you & if it doesn't I hope someone will come along who can.
    Good luck...
    05-15-10 08:35 PM
    I'm going out on a limb here & please bear in mind I have never had BES nor have I ever had Google Apps. but it sounds like you need a different approach..
    If you are trying to add your email account/s maybe you could add them through BIS.
    If you don't have an account set up with your phone carrier then give them a call & they can set it up for you & give you your log in information. Then add your email/s there which will be pushed to your phone.
    I really hope this helps you & if it doesn't I hope someone will come along who can.
    Good luck...
    Thanks for the response. My AT&T BIS requires a login on the phone unlike the Sprint line I have. I have tried to add it through the website and ended up with the same results:

Code:
    The email address or password is incorrect, or we need more details to set up this email. Retype the information or provide additional settings.
    05-15-10 11:17 PM
    When I switched to Google Hosted Apps Premier, I had switched my DNS MX records to use Postini's servers instead of the Google servers. I assume since the plugin was already tied in to my Gmail account, it still worked. I hope this helps someone else.
    05-15-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD