This has happened to me using every version of OS6 that has been leaked/released for the Bold 9700. Basically the email setup screen loads for no reason even though my email has already been setup.

I have tried updating the OS over the top of the previous one and recently a complete wipe of my phone. This time I purposely didn't restore all of my settings basically just my contacts and one or two other things but it still happens.

As OS6 keeps a user name and password to manage email accounts you are forced to go back to the same accounts. This time I even went in and deleted all my email accounts and started again but it still happens.

Another user had the same issue on a different model which wasn't resolved although with me it is happening less frequently. I did notice that they are on the same network as me (truemove).

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=521259

Anyone got any ideas?
    01-29-11 07:48 AM
    I haven't had that issue before, have you ensured that the 'Don't remind me again' checkbox was selected before dismissing it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 07:58 PM
    I also do not have this issue.
    If it is carrier related, it might have something to do with your service books.
    What happens if you got back to os5?
    does your carrier have os6 support and service books floating around?
    I would call them.
    01-29-11 08:19 PM
    If it is carrier related, it might have something to do with your service books.
    I would call them.
    Thanks for the replies.

This has only happened when I've used OS6 not 5. I know my carrier supports OS6 on other devices but not officially for the 9700.

Unfortunately there's no 'don't remind me' option in the screen that's appearing.

Is there anyway I could solve a service book issue myself rather than calling my carrier?

01-29-11 09:11 PM
    you could try these steps
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/upd...-first-530398/

But that is just an assumption.. i do not know if it would help any.
    01-29-11 09:25 PM
    I've never had any problems with emails not working in OS6 and other than this I've found it to be relatively bug free. Yesterday I tried resending the service books anyway and I thought I'd fixed it. Today however the problem returned.

01-30-11 11:52 PM
    I would call them.
    U have started to sound Rootish... R u hanging out with him? Lol

I get email set up once automatically after every upgrade and it is for my enterprise activation.

Last edited by kailashr; 01-31-11 at 05:59 AM.
    01-31-11 05:48 AM
    i have checked on a couple of local thai forums as well and it indeed is a problem with truemove only - ais and dtac users aren't experiencing the same thing. truemove is blaming it on the firmware so it seems like there won't be any solutions in the near future. one temporary solution is to keep logged on to windows live messenger but that too only works if you are not using a wifi connection
    Last edited by dannysachdev; 01-31-11 at 06:21 AM.
    BenBKK likes this.
    01-31-11 06:15 AM
    i have checked on a couple of local thai forums as well and it indeed is a problem with truemove only - ais and dtac users aren't experiencing the same thing. truemove is blaming it on the firmware so it seems like there won't be any solutions in the near future. one temporary solution is to keep logged on to windows live messenger but that too only works if you are not using a wifi connection
    That's interesting to know. Is this with all devices on OS6 or just the 9700? Do you have a link to this by any chance?

Thanks.
    01-31-11 09:15 AM
    as far as i know its with all devices on os6 and not just the 9700. if you can read thai, do have a look through the pdamobiz blackberry forum - just google it and it should be somewhere there. there have been more than a few posts regarding this matter but unfortunately no permanent solution just yet
    01-31-11 09:43 AM
    as far as i know its with all devices on os6 and not just the 9700. if you can read thai, do have a look through the pdamobiz blackberry forum - just google it and it should be somewhere there. there have been more than a few posts regarding this matter but unfortunately no permanent solution just yet
    Thanks for that. I can read Thai but as you said it didn't solve much. At least I know what the problem is and that it's not a problem with any particular build. It doesn't bother me too much and leaving msn on seems to help.

02-01-11 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD