my wife changed her email password so, of course, the blackberry can no longer load e-mails from that account. I thought she was just being typically techno passive aggressive when she told me that she couldn't find where to change the password on her blackberry.

well, i just spent 20 minutes chasing down cyber rabbit holes with no success other. don't know why this would be so hard to find. most of the other password threads seem to be about lost passwords. we have the old one if that is needed to get in to set a new one, no problem, but just cannot find where this done.

closest I seem to have found is open the email account and hit the blackberry key>options>email settings but there is nothing there about pop or smtp or password or anything I would recognize. Can't find anything that says preferences.

thanks,

brian

Give me intuitiveness or give me death.
    03-11-12 09:38 AM
    Go to Setup (it looks like a blackberry with a green gear on the right side). Click on Email Account. Then click on the email account in question and you will see the option to adjust login details. Good luck.
    03-11-12 09:58 AM
    Once you log in to the Email Settings, go that that email address, press the Menu button and select Edit.
    03-11-12 09:58 AM
    great but . . . now we're on to the user name and password. silly me, figured if you knew the email and the old password you could change to the new password.

i've seen several threads that say the only way to figure that out is to call. what kind of lunacy is it to offer you a password reminder by not a user name reminder. had this for 2 years and haven't changed anything. i'd have a better chance of giving it to the chimpanzee that types war and peace or shakespeare after a trillon tries or so that getting my user name. once i have the user name, i might even remember the password. . .

anyway thanks for helping with the first step. blackberry faked me out by having a "Settings" menu separate from a "setup" menu. As luck would have it i found the wrong one first and stopped looking.

Is there anyway to get a user name reminder? i can get these e-mail addresses elsewhere.

thanx brian
    03-11-12 10:07 AM
    Woah. Slow down.

If you cannot remember the user name and password for the email setup log in, then you need to contact your carrier and ask them to reset them for you. That's the only way.

Then log in with the new information.
    03-11-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD