Hi all,

I have a Verizon BB 9930 with the latest OS installed. I have 3 active email accounts, Yahoo, GMail and the BB account. I have practically no email coming in on the Gmail and BB accounts because Yahoo is my main email. My problem is that my phone is listing that I have 144 unread emails in the notification line and I know for a fact that I do not have any unread emails that I can find. I have rebooted the phone several times as well as deleting the Yahoo and Gmail email accounts and reintstalling them. The notification of 144 unread emails will not go away. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, John
    01-13-12 08:08 AM
    check your mass messages folder if you have them separated to see if perhaps there is something showing in there that you are missing
    01-13-12 08:14 AM
    Thank you for responding>

I checked the messages folder and noticed that I have a long list of phone calls that I received and made that went unanswered. As I delete each of these, the message count went down. So that is the problem.

Is it possible for you to explain how I avoid this issue in the future. Is there a setting I can make that will not list all those phone calls that went unanswered? The icon is a yellowish handset with a red X through it. I checked the options under the Message application but it is somewhat unclear to me as to how to get the message folder not to list unanswered phone calls in the notification row.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Noari1; 01-13-12 at 09:12 AM.
    01-13-12 08:39 AM
    go into your phone options and then call logs and lists. at the very top is says shows these call log types in the message list - change that to none
    rfig likes this.
    01-13-12 09:19 AM
    Thank you so much!! It is done.
    01-13-12 10:42 AM
    welcome...
    01-13-12 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD