Hi,

Last week, with the publication of hotmail passwords and all, I decided to change my hotmail password (through IE on hotmail.com).

Afterwards I noticed that windows live mail (on my desktop) was still retrieving mail with the old password. It kept doing so until I did a reboot and asked me the new password.

BUT My blackberry makes it even worse. While writing this post, my blackberry is still retrieving mail from my hotmail account, although I have *not* entered my new password in my blackberry?

How the *peep* is this possible?

ok, I can think of technical reasons, but I mean: This shouldn't work like this!

Let's hear your thoughts.

Opper.
    10-12-09 03:16 PM
    First, your BB doesn't 'retrieve' e-mails. When you registered the device, BIS became a proxy server for your mail, and actually receives and pushes your e-mail before it reaches your e-mail box, in most cases. Although your password to your e-mail account has changed, it doesn't affect your BIS account, because it is parallel to your Hotmail account, not fed from it.

Now, do you have your e-mail reconciliation settings to delete messages on handheld and mailbox? On conflicts, does your handheld, or mailbox win? These settings may have something to do with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-12-09 at 04:18 PM.
    10-12-09 04:05 PM
    That's exactly what i mean. How can the bb server keep retrieving mail from my hotmail account with the old password? I am not usin reconciliation or enterprise server, just plain hotmail as a personal email account. I suspect that the hotmail authentication token obtained by the bb server (just like the windows live desktop client) is being caches until the client decides to request a new token. Only then the new password is needed.
    10-12-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD