So this might be an issue with OS7, but this is what I've noticed.

When sorting emails with 'Group by Subject', as opposed to 'Single Messages', the group will remain at the time associated with the first email in the 'group',not the most recent.

Say for instance I send an email to someone. 10 minutes go by and I receive a dozen (separate, non-related) emails. The most recent received will be at the top of my email list. Then someone replies to my first email (same 'group'). The 'group' won't be at the top of my email list. It will be listed at the time of the original email. Anyone else notice this?

In OS6 on my 9780, 'groups' would move up in the chronological list per the most recent email in the group.

Is this a bug or by design?

Please share if you've noticed this between OS6 and OS7.

Edit: One thing I noticed is if I flip to 'Single Messages' then back to 'Group by Subject' the email list seems to correct itself. I think this should be instantaneous and automatic.
    Last edited by simho; 08-17-11 at 12:33 AM.
    08-17-11 12:30 AM
    hmmm... this isn't going to be much help to you, but my email list seems to sort itself out fine when in 'Group by Subject'... I'll keep a close watch though.
    08-17-11 12:38 AM
    Had the 9780 and grouped messages were in chrono order. 9900 and OS7 still works the same. Try updating to .317 OS. I have no problems at all!
    good luck
    08-17-11 09:08 AM
    Hmm. I'm running .296. I guess I can try .317. I thought some people posted that .317 was buggy.
    08-17-11 11:10 AM
    Well, uploaded .317 this morning. Sure enough, groups are still not automatically ordering themselves in chrono order. If I go to 'single messages' and then back to 'group by subject', they correct themselves...annoying.

I have no idea why it's doing this. I also can't think of anything to correct it.
    08-17-11 03:30 PM
    I have had os 7 for a long time and didn't have any issues with "Group by subject".... That is until I installed os 7.1, now I have a similar issue, but worse... new messages are not in my inbox at all! If I group by date, they are there. Anyone else with this problem? It's very annoying!
    01-10-12 11:05 PM
    I have had os 7 for a long time and didn't have any issues with "Group by subject".... That is until I installed os 7.1, now I have a similar issue, but worse... new messages are not in my inbox at all! If I group by date, they are there. Anyone else with this problem? It's very annoying!
    Yes, I'm having same issue. "Display Style" emails by single and by subject was working fine until I broke my phone and had to switch to new phone (same model). Now many of my email will not show if Display Style by Subject is selected. I have to select "by single" to see them.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    07-12-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD