Hoping somebody maybe able to help me.

I had a phone with o2, until Friday when I bought a new blackberry torch on a vodafone contract through phones4u. I needed to have my number transferred and vodafone said that it would be done yesterday, so until yesterday I had my o2 sim in the new phone and was able to email and use blackberry messenger. When I put the Vodafone sim in the phone yesterday because the number had been transferred my emails stopped coming through and it wont send or receive messages on BBM. Anybody know how I need to fix it?
    07-26-11 06:51 AM
    Sounds to me like you don't have a BlackBerry specific data plan with Vodafone. Either that or you have not registered with Vodafones BIS site for your emails.
    07-26-11 07:06 AM
    Yes, the O2 set up will not work on Vodafone, you have to set up your emails again this time with the Vodafone setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 07:10 AM
    I definitel have the blackberry data plan. How do I set up my emails again? When I go to "setup" then "email accounts" I get the message "your device had a problem connecting to the server". Thanks for your replies.
    07-26-11 07:31 AM
    I definitel have the blackberry data plan. How do I set up my emails again? When I go to "setup" then "email accounts" I get the message "your device had a problem connecting to the server". Thanks for your replies.

You've just complicated things for yourself, the O2 service books are still on your phone, posibly your Pin on the new phone is still registered with the O2 account.

I would do a wipe and start fresh

07-26-11 07:39 AM
    Sorry to sound so dim, but how do I do that? Also, will this delete all my contacts, do I need to back them up first?
    07-26-11 07:48 AM
    Sorry to sound so dim, but how do I do that? Also, will this delete all my contacts, do I need to back them up first?
    Yes, back up first, i would reccomend using Blackberry Protect to make it easy.
    To wipe just go to options and type wipe, that will show you the option to wipe, that will bring your blackberry back the way it was when you took it out of the box.

When it starts you'll have to turn your signal on and a message will come trough telling you your blackberry is now registered with the network.
    After that you can go into email setup and try again.

07-26-11 08:02 AM
    If you backup using desktop manager make sure you restore only the information you need as a full restore will just put your phone back the way it was before the wipe.

07-26-11 08:03 AM
    Any luck?

07-26-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD