I have searched the forums and cannot find the problem I'm having, so any help given would be **much** appreciated. Here is the deal:

I work offshore as an ROV pilot, (am currently plugging the well that caused the oil spill) and normally use my Bold on the wi/fi router we have out here with no issues. I am usually able to to get email, use my bbm etc. The emails will come through as sent.

I also had a search bar on my "goto" browser page.

Today, I backed up then restored the phone. I then lost email/bbm capabilities. I have also lost the search bar in my goto menu.

I also no longer have the option to "reconcile now" and the phone is only showing emails from one of my email addys. (I have 3 registered on the phone).

I have wiped and restored the phone, downloaded the desktop manager update and installed, tried using the "set up email" wizard (it tells me I have no mobile covereage and won't let me progress).

I am at my wits end as I use the BB as a handy way to get emails/bbm messages etc without having to pull out my laptop.

Also, it will connect to the wi/fi, I have internet service; just no auto email, bbm etc. The name of the network appears, but the wifi icon doesn't light up.

Again, any and ALL help is appreciated.
    Last edited by kendelrio; 08-06-10 at 10:21 AM.
    08-06-10 03:24 AM
    Also, I *do* have a data package. All the posts I have found has people not having one. As I said, everything worked until I woke up today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 06:18 AM
    have you tried reregistering the phone so you get the service books again?

and is the plug gonna hold on this now?
    08-06-10 07:29 AM
    I have tried re-registering but I get the message "message is qued, will be sent went data coverage is available. Let me reiterate: I have internet coverage through wifi, but no cell coverage at all.

It worked fine one minute, went to my room and came back and it didn't work anymore.
    08-06-10 08:15 AM
    Lol and yes! The plug is holding. We are waiting for the cement to dry before resuming the relief well. The relief well should be done by mid August.

08-06-10 08:18 AM
    I dunno, sounds like if you can't get those service books you might be SOL but hopefully someone else will come along and maybe think of something else.
    08-06-10 08:31 AM
    Thank you. Quick question though, shouldn't my backup have the correct service book in it? I backed up literally moments before I deleted contacts and it was working.

08-06-10 08:34 AM
    i still had to send the service books again when i accidently reloaded my os one time. how do you accidently reload the os? easy you have no idea what you are doing lol i was trying to load Uno and it reloaded the entire thing, freaked me out at first.
    08-06-10 08:52 AM
    Ok dumb question. How do I send my book without a cell signal?

08-06-10 09:52 AM
    Ok, update.... I spent several hours with B/B and AT&T. They said I can send my service books to get me back on the BIS... but I need to be on the BIS to get them.... RRGGG..... I logged into my BIS account, revalidated emails and resent books to myself, reset the wi/fi router and went in a full circle with tech support. The question I have now is one I hop **someone** can answer.....

Is there a way to get my service books without cellular service? I had BIS for over 60 days out here until it dropped off 3 days ago. The ***** at tech support told me that wasn't possible. I expplained to him it was as I had never had a problem till recently.

Please... any and all suggestions are welcome.
    08-08-10 12:07 AM
    I believe the answer is no. The service books and registering of your BB on the cell network have to be done on the cell network.
    08-09-10 07:44 AM
    Once you are within range of a cellular network, you can then send the service books. until then, wait it out.

08-09-10 08:08 AM
    U can send service books from your device once back on the cellular network under Setup > Personal Email Setup. That should take you to the BIS website.

08-09-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD