Guys, how will i make these applications run on wifi?

Thanks!
    11-24-10 04:28 AM
    Your BlackBerry automatically defaults to Wi-Fi whenever it's available. You don't have to do anything as long as Wi-Fi is enabled and you're within reception of a saved Wi-Fi network.
    11-24-10 04:37 AM
    but email, BBM, FB, and the rest of the apps wont work, only browser and App world. im not subscribed to any plan. Isit possible?
    11-24-10 04:55 AM
    You need BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for these to work over wireless network or Wi-Fi. So without a data plan, you won't be able to use these apps. I'm surprised the Browser works and even more surprised that App World does.

Some carriers might have a student or social plan that allows BBM, FB, WLM, and Twitter, but not email, Browser, or any other app requiring outside data.
    11-24-10 05:09 AM
    Alright..coz I read somewhere that bis can be activated thru/by wifi.. I'm on data plan now..lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 11:52 PM
    Alright..coz I read somewhere that bis can be activated thru/by wifi.. I'm on data plan now..lol

That is true but you need a data plan to begin with. As BIS is only accessible if you subsscribe to the data plan associated with it.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 11-25-10 at 12:07 AM.
    11-25-10 12:04 AM
    in the Philippines it's a different storey though. Prepaid subscribers get to enjoy full BIS for only US$27-30 a month. So wifi is useless since the service is unlimited.
    11-28-10 01:08 AM
    in the Philippines it's a different storey though. Prepaid subscribers get to enjoy full BIS for only US$27-30 a month. So wifi is useless since the service is unlimited.
    Wi-Fi still is not useless. I have an unlimited BIS plan. However, my downstream and upstream speeds are much faster on Wi-Fi than on my carrier's 3G network.
    11-28-10 01:12 AM
    I agree. I'm also on an "unlimited" plan and I use WiFi all the time. It's way faster, even than 3G (usually). Plus, you don't ever have to worry about tower overload or how many people are on the network. Its great.

11-28-10 03:53 AM
    I agree. I'm also on an "unlimited" plan and I use WiFi all the time. It's way faster, even than 3G (usually). Plus, you don't ever have to worry about tower overload or how many people are on the network. Its great.
    And that difference could potentially be even more pronounced for those with a 9800, 9300, or 9100 as they all have Wireless-N, provided of course you're connected with a Wireless-N router.
    11-28-10 04:50 AM
    right guys but im not really into browsing using my BB. im more into email, FB, and IM's. does slow 3G signal affect the delivery of emails and FB updates?
    11-29-10 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD