I've searched the forums & can't seem to find an answer to my issue.

A few months ago, I accidentally misspelled an email address that I composed on my computer (I use gmail). After doing that, when I go compose an email on my phone & select this person's email address, the correctly spelled & incorrectly spelled addresses come up in a window that says, "which address?". I've already deleted the incorrect email address from my gmail account, but it shows up every time I compose an email to this contact. It is not stored in their contact information on my phone, either.

So here is my question. Is there a way for me to delete it from my phone? I've tried highlighting the incorrect one in the "which address" window & then hitting the delete key, but that doesn't work.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks so much in advance!
    09-13-11 08:15 PM
    No one has any advice? No one else run into this problem?
    10-05-11 06:23 PM
    Have you reset the battery....ie...pulled it out and see if that clears it up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 08:20 PM
    Yes, I've done multiple battery pulls & have updated the os a couple of times. This has been present for at least a few months. I've double & triple checked my gmail accounts to make sure the incorrect email addresses are not there, & they are not listed under this person's contact info on my phone. This is driving me crazy!
    10-06-11 12:23 AM
    open messages, press menu, select Options, select Display and actions, remove the check box from the Show recent contacts when composing emails, press esc and save the options.

batt pull is optional

reset the option again and see if the old addresses are gone now.
    10-06-11 12:31 AM
    Oh. My. Goodness. THANK YOU!!!!!!! It's gone now! You are brilliant!!!!
    10-06-11 12:35 AM
    Just glad it was what you were looking for.
    10-06-11 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD