I researched the archives and discovered a lot of people had this problem in 2007, but that's not helping me right now:-/

I synched my BB with my Outlook, as usual. I didn't change any of my normal settings. Now, tho, I have duplicate calendar entries, even tho I don't have dupes in my Outlook.

I've tried numerous things to get rid of the dupes, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate some help.
    07-20-09 04:32 PM
    I'm having the same problem, my calendar is being duplicated when I sync my BB, did you get help?
    07-20-09 06:52 PM
    No. I just manually deleted the dupes from my BB.
    07-20-09 08:18 PM
    I had a similar problem with duplicate entries. In my case, everything was correct in Outlook so I went into the "Backup and Restore" utility in BB Desktop Manager and cleared all of the calendar entries from the BB, then resync'd.

To clear the calendar, go to "Backup and Restore" > "Advanced", then select "Calendar" or "Calendar - All" in the "Device databases" list and select "Clear" (I elected to back up the data I was clearing first just in case). After that, resync the calendar and you should be good to go.

For me I only have 1 calendar that I care about for syncing and I haven't manually entered anything on the Device side. You're situation may be different if you have multiple calendars you are syncing or you added entries on the BB side since there is no way to clear only one of the calendars using this method. You clear them all or you don't clear any of them.
    07-20-09 08:36 PM
    Do you have more than one email account on your BB?
    07-20-09 10:03 PM
    Do you have more than one email account on your BB?
    Im having the same problem that she is experiencing and yes I have more than one email acct. Is there something specific that I need to do?
    07-25-09 03:59 PM
    When I attempt the solution suggested above, I delete my calendar entries on my device but when I re-sync my desktop with the device and set it to overwrite the device with desktop data, nothing is written on my Blackberry. Can someone explain what I am doing wrong?
    07-29-09 06:51 AM
    I also had that issue. If you look close you will see that your BB can actually sync with more than one calendar. For ex, it can sync Outlook, Yahoo, etc. If you go into your calendar and then hit MENU, OPTIONS, you will see all of the e-mail addresses you have on your BB. Hit enter on one of these and it will tell you how many calendar enteries that address has. The idea here would probably be to get just one of them to have any entries. I'm still trying to figure out how this all works but at least I have it where only one of the e-mail addresses has any calendar entries. If anyone knows of a resources explaining this, I'd appreciate knowing about it. Thanks
    07-29-09 07:51 AM
    I am to the point where this is driving me nuts! I put one appointment on my calendar and get multiple appointments.
    I have a gmail account and 1 other email account.

Can this be corrected and if so how?
    Any help would be gladly appriciated. I looked in other threads and did not find the answer and this is the exact problem I am having!
    Thanks in advance,
    11-03-09 03:25 PM
    Options - advanced options - service books! Delete the CICAL entries for all your additional email accounts. Leave only your default email.

this will take care of the multiple entries. But every once in awhile your carrier will push updated service books.. so again at that time you will need to do the same.

I hope this helps.
    11-06-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD