Okay, the blackberry site is driving me crazy!

Some things to take note of:
    - I only have a data plan that supports instant messaging (msn, bbm) and e-mail
    - I cannot use app loader (on berry) or browser thus OTA is out of the question...

I normally just go to the blackberry site to download bbm updates straight to my blackberry with the use of the usb connection.

However, for some reason blackberry has cancelled out this option? or something... Which leaves me, along with many others with this type of plan, unable to update their blackberry messenger... I keep getting sent to this page when I click "Download through your desktop computer."

What's the deal?
    Please help...
    12-16-09 11:18 PM
    If you have no data, BBM does not work, why do you want to download the new BBM if you can't use it anyway??????????????????????
    12-16-09 11:20 PM
    cjjeffers...

I pointed out that I DO have a data plan. However, it only supports Instant Messaging like; BBM and MSN, and my e-mail.
    12-16-09 11:24 PM
    Help...............
    12-17-09 09:07 PM
    I also only have a data plan on this 8530. For some reason unlike my world edition data plan that I just retired I can not get e-mail. Do you have any suggestions?
    01-01-11 12:14 PM
    jmcn, don't hijack other people's threads and don't double post. See your other thread.

To the OP, you will get BBM if you install the device OS to your computer and then load it with the App Loader. You will not be able to update it separate from the device OS without a full BlackBerry Data Plan.
    01-01-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD