I was just on the Blackberry.com webpage, and downloaded 4.5 onto my phone, and all my apps were deleted, including ones i paid for, all my contacts were deleted, and most importantly of all, my BBM dissapeared, how do i get this back??

Pleace Help.
    09-20-09 12:11 PM
    Do you have a saved backup of your BlackBerry?

Have you ever made a Backup?

If you do, do a restore to get your info back.

Unfortunely, you'll still have to re-install your 3rd party apps because they are not contained in the backup.

EDIT: wait, you downloaded OS 4.5 on your Tour?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:14 PM
    Im new to the blackberry and saw there was an update out and i couldnt find it so i looked at the blackberry website, and i downloaded it to my Tour im taking it that was a really bad idea? and no, i hadnt created a backup yet, but im mainly concerned with trying to Get BBM back, and just go back to what i had before.

Thank you.
    09-20-09 12:26 PM
    FIRST: Do me a favor and go to Options-About and tell me what OS Version you see. Maybe the 4.5 OS didn't load and you just deleted your info and forgot to check the BBM box.

If you have the 4.7 OS still, all you need to do is open DM, hook your BlackBerry to PC and use App Loader to re-install BBM!

You should have OS v4.7.1.40 on your Tour.

However, if you don't have a backup of your device, i think your contacts, apps and data may have been wiped. Check your downloads folder to see if your apps moved there.
    09-20-09 12:34 PM
    There is no about folder in my options? I knew there use to be. But i will plug in DM because i think i may have forgot to check BBM box! =X

Thanks so much for your help!
    09-20-09 12:57 PM
    Go to the Options icon. It may be on your home screen or in a folder. Looks like a tool. Click that.

Then click on About and read the 3rd line down.

i didn't know that you can't install an OS not made for a specific device (the other mods told me as they're all helping).

So, yes, you probably just didn't check the box to install BBM.

As well, you can try to restore using DM. If a backup was made automatically you are in luck!

Report back please! This interests me!

09-20-09 01:07 PM
    Can you try going to Options, Advanced Options, Wireless Upgrade please. Now select Next and the Check for Updates.

This should cause Verizon to update your phone to the latest valid software version for your specific phone.

You can also get the same software from here BlackBerry® Software Updates

You should definitely uninstall the version of whatever OS you downloaded via Control Panel.

FInally, please check your My Documents folder for an .ipd file with the latest date. This will hopefully be, at least, some of your precious data. The backup file will be named something like Backup-8900 (2009-09-20).ipd.
    09-20-09 01:15 PM
    I went to Verizon and updated it from there, and i have everything as it was minus, contacts and previously downloaded apps, it says my current version is 4.7.1.40 ---- Is this how it should be?
    09-20-09 08:37 PM
    4.7.1.40 is the latest officially available from Verizon as of this post, so it sounds like you have your OS successfully installed.
    09-20-09 11:06 PM
    Did you check for the backup file like I suggested. If Desktop Manager started an OS upgrade procedure - even if this failed halfway - then the first thing that it would have done was a backup. Given that you sort of halfway got your phone back indicates that you may have an intact backup on your PC.

Another wa to find the backup is to connect your phone to the PC and rum Desktop Manager (please make sure that all the old OS's have been deleted via Control Panel) and select Backup / Restore and then Restore. DM should now find a series of backup files from a list of files. You'll have to select the one you want though.

Have a look for the file named as I posted earlier. With a bit of luck, you may yet get out of the woods entirely.
    09-21-09 03:00 AM
    Thank you, everything seems to be working even better then how it was, i appriciate the help.
    09-21-09 09:23 PM
    Awesome! i was waiting for you to come back and report! i'm glad it's all back and better!

09-21-09 09:25 PM
    FYI - latest version is 4.7.1.53
    09-21-09 11:05 PM
    4.7.1.40 is still latest official. RIM/Verizon pulled 4.7.1.53
    09-21-09 11:13 PM
    4.7.1.40 is still latest official. RIM/Verizon pulled 4.7.1.53

You sure about this? I am currently using Verizon service with this version (4.7.1.53). I actually got an email on my BB in regards to this telling me about the new version and that I should upgrade. If they did pull it, why?
    09-21-09 11:54 PM
    You sure about this? I am currently using Verizon service with this version (4.7.1.53). I actually got an email on my BB in regards to this telling me about the new version and that I should upgrade. If they did pull it, why?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tou...beware-318226/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/to...pulled-318584/

09-22-09 07:38 AM
    How do i sign up to get emails from Verizon about new software for my blackberry?
    09-22-09 08:53 PM
    It is unofficial. It got pulled less than 24 hrs. after RIM had it. Vzw never even acknowledged this update.
    09-22-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD