Hi. I have been a lurker here for quite some time. I've been waiting on the 5.0 upgrade for the Tour, but no word yet. I don't want to use the beta or unofficial releases. However, I saw that Blackberry and the App World have the Blackberry Messenger 5.0 offical download available for OS 4.5 and above on the App World and BB website.

Is it safe to install this on my device without my full OS being 5.0 and is this an official release? Any help or advice would be appreciated before I download it and potentially screw up my phone!

Thank you!
    11-03-09 05:39 PM
    Hi. I have been a lurker here for quite some time. I've been waiting on the 5.0 upgrade for the Tour, but no word yet. I don't want to use the beta or unofficial releases. However, I saw that Blackberry and the App World have the Blackberry Messenger 5.0 offical download available for OS 4.5 and above on the App World and BB website.

Is it safe to install this on my device without my full OS being 5.0 and is this an official release? Any help or advice would be appreciated before I download it and potentially screw up my phone!

Thank you!
    Yeah. You're on 4.7.1 so it's safe. It can be installed on OS's 4.5 and above.
    11-03-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD