I've got the new blackberry messenger and if I'm honest I like it but it won't let me add contacts so how can I downgrade to the orginal messenger?? Plz help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...ld-bbm-271634/

Here's a thread on that, I'm in the process of downgrading right now. If you OTA'd it, it's much easier. Just start Desktop Manager, and check the Blackberry Messenger box, it should switch the action to Downgrade.
    07-19-09 11:13 AM
    Sorry for all my dupe posts I was in an area of really low signal and I lost connection so I wasn't sure if it had been posted and I ota did it so that's all good

07-19-09 11:30 AM
    Cheers k-pock,I've had nothing but problems today with bbm5. It worked great yesterday but terrible today. Looks loads better but if it doesn't work well I'm better off downgrading. Followed your advice and eveythings good now.

07-19-09 02:16 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out! Hope you remembered to backup your contacts unlike me.

07-19-09 02:57 PM
    You should just resend your service books and re-register the Host Routing Table.
    Give it another try before giving up on it.
    07-19-09 03:08 PM
    Cheers k-pock,I've had nothing but problems today with bbm5. It worked great yesterday but terrible today. Looks loads better but if it doesn't work well I'm better off downgrading. Followed your advice and eveythings good now.

You are not alone, many many UK people are having the same problem. I think it is a server issue not BBM5 itself. The fact that it worked well yesterday supports this also.
    07-19-09 03:14 PM
    Maybe it was just a server issue, poorly timed as everyone made the upgrade. Might have been an issue brought on by the sudden surge of traffic. Either way, I've downgraded already, I think I'll just wait for the final release, 4.7 does everything I need right now.

07-19-09 03:16 PM
    i tried to downgrade and it just wont work

i dl 5.0 via ota
    i then delete it on the phone

and then i went to download a new 4.7 desktop manager
    and i connect my phone on it.

there's no choice to put blackberry messenger into the phone

im so confused and tired.

help please
    07-19-09 04:20 PM

i dl 5.0 via ota

help please
    You're going to have to wipe the phone and reload the OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...crucial_xtreme
    07-19-09 05:39 PM
    im still trying to downgrade mine also, dont know where to download the origional from that actually wrks, think i need version 4.5 for the curve 8900 on 02
    07-19-09 07:52 PM
    tried the desktop manager but because i deleted 5.0 and am not running any, the check box to install messenger isnt there, only twitter and facebook options x
    07-19-09 07:54 PM
    please please can someone help me, i need some form of bbm on the phone and nothing is working help xx
    07-20-09 06:20 AM
    try downloading a fresh copy of your OS and install that to your pc then backup your berry and wipe with JL-Cmdr then reinstall your OS.

Restore your backup and Viola! you should have downgraded your bbm
    07-20-09 06:27 AM
    try downloading a fresh copy of your OS and install that to your pc then backup your berry and wipe with JL-Cmdr then reinstall your OS.

Restore your backup and Viola! you should have downgraded your bbm
    That's the answer right there. ^^^^

07-20-09 06:35 AM

i dl 5.0 via ota

help please

same problem as me.. guess i have to reload the OS urghhh.. so much troubles for trying a new version of BBM
    07-20-09 10:13 AM
    I really don't understand why people give such bad advice...why would a wipe with JL commander be required to get the BBM back?

for those who have used DM to install 5.0 and want to revert back, first get rid of the extracted folder for BBM 5.0 from the desktop

You will lose your BBM contacts UNLESS you have a previous backup prior to upgrading to BBM 5.0

Next, delete the OS on your PC. Reboot your PC.

Now reload the OS you had previously onto the PC. Ensure you delete the vendor.xml file.

Delete BBM 5.0 from your BB by going into Options>Advanced>Applications, highlighting BBM and BB Menu>Delete. Let the BB reboot after this.

Once back, connect to PC, run DM and then App loader. If you see BBM 4.7 listed there as an option, make sure its checked and then click next.

IF you dont see BBM 4.7 as an option, chances are you will get prompted by DM to "upgrade 4.7 Core applications" which basically loads 3 modules on there (I forget which but this is because it recognizes the OS as not being the official - I'm assuming you are going to be putting on 151). Click cancel and a list of all the OS applications should show up. The Core ones will be grayed out and checked but scroll down and you should see BBM 4.7 Put the check in there and the status should now say "install" click next and let it load onto your BB

IF you do have a backup from before, after this, you should click on Backup/Restore and then Advanced, on the left panel open the backup file and highlight the blackberry messenger entry (should have a number with a size value in KB next to it)...click on the middle >> arrows and then next on the bottom right....this will restore your BBM contacts.

And you are done.
    07-22-09 01:12 PM
    Kazmi,

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the backup part. I figured the contact list format hadn't changed between 4.7 and 5 but i wasn't sure. This saves the hassle of having to write down all the info (guess I should do that anyways so I have it all just in case)

5 was fun but too laggy and odd. Out of sequence messages and oddness made me downgrade to 4.7
    08-05-09 02:35 AM
    hi guys i need to downgrade back to the old messenger as 5.0 is unpredictable - but i dont understand what OTA is and when i plug my bb into my desktop manager i dont seeanything that helps me out!!

please help!! please please
    09-19-09 04:01 PM
    I really don't understand why people give such bad advice...why would a wipe with JL commander be required to get the BBM back?

Next, delete the OS on your PC. Reboot your PC.

Now reload the OS you had previously onto the PC. Ensure you delete the vendor.xml file.

And you are done.

I hope this was a joke. Why would you tell someone to delete the OS on your PC... as it has NOTHING to do with BBM... Unless this was referenced with Wayne.. if not and you were being serious.. um?
    10-15-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD