Hey, ive had my Curve 8520 for about 4 Months now, and i dont have a BIS or BES plan,
    and at first my BBM wouldnt work, i assumed it was because i needed the plan.

but a few days ago i got a random request from BBM and now i realize it does work.

anyone know whats going on?
    04-17-11 07:01 PM
    You probably have a social networking plan which allows you to use social apps like bbm, facebook, twitter, ect. Rogers and Telus are the only carriers I can think of who offer that plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tylr115 likes this.
    04-17-11 08:42 PM
    my plan says
    400min shared voice + data w/msgs from rogers...
    i looked on their website and the closest plan i could find to that included social networking so i think thats it.
    but in the legal disclaimer it says "Unlimited social networking using basic features of select applications (built-in at time of purchase) and browsing on select social networking sites. Not available for BlackBerry devices."
    04-18-11 12:55 AM
    ive found this article that says that rogers made a deal with RIM to have bbm with unlimited messaging plans, is this true?
    04-18-11 01:14 AM
    sorry if this is a double post... i dont know how to edit.
    but i googled around and it looks to be legit,
    it says any blackberry activated on an unlimited messaging plan gets free bbm as of march 2011, so i think i solved my problem.
    thanks for your help.
    04-18-11 01:17 AM
    sorry if this is a double post... i dont know how to edit.
    but i googled around and it looks to be legit,
    it says any blackberry activated on an unlimited messaging plan gets free bbm as of march 2011, so i think i solved my problem.
    thanks for your help.
    Oh yeah, you must be talking about the $30 unlimited bbm and messaging plan launch by Rogers recently. This must be the plan you are talking about:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/BB..._HOM_PRE_slot3

P.S: just hit the "edit" button on the bottom right of your comment if you're on the desktop site or the top middle of your comment if you're on the mobile site

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tylr115 likes this.
    04-18-11 01:44 AM
    glad you figured it out Happy BBM'ing
    tylr115 likes this.
    04-18-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD