01-25-10 11:51 PM
54 123
tools
    Locks up for me on .99 and I believe it did on .90 a few times too. As said by a few other members it only does it if I leave a conversation open when the screen dims/turns off and then I go to check it again a few minutes later. It's really weird.
    02-08-09 03:20 PM
    All the time. Had to reset phone twice today. It has frozen atleast 10 times since update.
    02-08-09 03:25 PM
    BBM freezes on mine if I leave a convo up and the screen turns off and then i switch screen orientation after I have received a message. Pretty annoying, but I've gotten used to just existing out the convo after I send a message.
    Just had it happen to me for the 1st time a few mins ago and it was that exact same thing................
    02-08-09 03:49 PM
    Hey, first of all, this is my first post but I am an avid lurker and storm user. .99 was the first leak that I installed, coming from .75. I never had any problems with it until yesterday, and I downloaded it on Superbowl Sunday. Yesterday, I opened the camera and got a reset...I was very surprised. And then also yesterday, I was using BBM and it froze on me so I tried to turn it off and it kind of worked and turned it back on and got some error message saying something about BBM. Can't wait for the official update....
    02-08-09 04:02 PM
    Its now happened about 5 times since installing .99 on monday.... But If I'm BBM it will just freeze... Right in the middle of the convo..

I was thinking of doing a full wipe and re-install of .99.

Has anybody else experience this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lots of people experience this, myself included. Fortunately I don't use BBM that much or else it would be infuriating.
    02-08-09 04:05 PM
    No BBM problems here on .99 or any other Storm OS

02-08-09 04:17 PM
    I also have issues with BBM sometimes freezing. Especially if the person is sending a lot of messages at once or if I am typing while they're sending me messages.

Sort of sucks. But you can't expect it without bugs if it's a leaked version of the OS. (I am on .99)
    02-08-09 08:29 PM
    BBM freezes on me if I leave it open on the screen. After doing 1,000,000,00 battery pulls a day bc of BBM freezing, it finally dawned on me (I know I'm slow) I just hit the RETURN KEY to get out of BBM it does not freeze. Also if it appeared to have frozen, where no keys are responsive, if I hold down the MENU KEY for some reason it gives me the option to switch apps and choose HOME.

So...

(1) Avoid the freeze by getting out of BBM with the RETURN KEY.
    (2) If it is unresponsive, try holding down the MENU KEY and go somewhere else.
    (3) If all else fails... do the battery pull...
    Last edited by BlackBerryStormTrooper; 02-09-09 at 12:43 AM. Reason: mistake
    02-08-09 09:47 PM
    BBM freezes on me if I leave it open on the screen. After doing 1,000,000,00 battery pulls a day bc of BBM freezing, it finally dawned on me (I know I'm slow) I just hit the RETURN KEY to get out of BBM it does not freeze. Also if it appeared to have frozen, where no keys are responsive, if I hold down the MENU KEY for some reason it gives me the option to switch apps and choose HOME.

So...

(1) Avoid the freeze by getting out of BBM with the RETURN KEY.
    (2) If it is unresponsive, try holding down the MENU KEY and go somewhere else.
    (3) If all else fails... do the battery pull... I hate pulling out...
    If all buttons are unresponsive how can you use the return key? Sorry confused...

I always have lock ups and it does get aggravating.
    02-08-09 09:50 PM
    If all buttons are unresponsive how can you use the return key? Sorry confused...

I always have lock ups and it does get aggravating.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear... AVOID it becoming unresponsive by GETTING OUT OF THE APPLICATION using the RETURN KEY or END KEY, yet if it appears to be UNRESPONSIVE at that point, you might get lucky and HOLDING DOWN the MENU KEY will give you the option to SWITCH TO ANOTHER APP, like HOME.

That's what has worked for me... I hope it works for someone else...
    02-08-09 09:53 PM
    Sorry if I wasn't clear... AVOID it becoming unresponsive by GETTING OUT OF THE APPLICATION using the RETURN KEY or END KEY, yet if it appears to be UNRESPONSIVE at that point, you might get lucky and HOLDING DOWN the MENU KEY will give you the option to SWITCH TO ANOTHER APP, like HOME.

That's what has worked for me... I hope it works for someone else...
    You mean the Backspace key?
    02-08-09 09:58 PM
    You mean the Backspace key?
    When I say RETURN KEY, I mean the physical key touching the red END KEY, that has a bent arrow symbol on it.
    02-08-09 10:02 PM
    When I say RETURN KEY, I mean the physical key touching the red END KEY, that has a bent arrow symbol on it.
    That is the Back Key..... Which using that for any application will only back out of it, not close it... Just wanted to clarify all this, to help me and others.

Kinda lost me on the return key and the screen keyboard... Since it would be locked up....

Thanks..
    02-08-09 10:04 PM
    That is the Back Key..... Which using that for any application will only back out of it, not close it... Just wanted to clarify all this, to help me and others.

Kinda lost me on the return key and the screen keyboard... Since it would be locked up....

Thanks..
    Technically its called the "ESCAPE KEY." And it doesn't matter if you use the ESCAPE KEY, the END KEY, or hit the MENU KEY and choose "CLOSE" because BlackBerry Messenger is not an application that ever closes, it is always running. That's why when you hold down the MENU KEY you see a list of applications that are currently running and BBM is always on there bc there is no way to disable it. So you can only ever "back out" of BBM.

I was pretty clear in my first post when I said "AVOID" it freezing up by hitting the ESCAPE KEY. I didn't say hitting the ESCAPE KEY (aka back key, return key) would get it to unfreeze after it is frozen, but rather to AVOID it, which means that it is still working normally.................................... I never said the BACK KEY (aka Return Key, Escape Key) gets BBM out of being locked up............... I said to AVOID getting locked up GET OUT OF THE BBM USING THE RETURN KEY (aka Back Key, Escape Key).............
    Last edited by Duvi; 02-09-09 at 08:25 AM. Reason: unnecessary
    02-08-09 10:29 PM
    it happened to me 3 times... i just got pissed off and did a bat pull each time lol
    02-08-09 10:43 PM
    'cmon guys we're all friends here. No need to snap at anyone ;-)
    02-08-09 10:45 PM
    I've heard a lot of the BBM freezing issues but luckily that's not a problem I've had through .75, .76, .85, .86, .90 and now .99
    02-08-09 11:47 PM
    Its now happened about 5 times since installing .99 on monday.... But If I'm BBM it will just freeze... Right in the middle of the convo..

I was thinking of doing a full wipe and re-install of .99.

Has anybody else experience this?

When it freezes, simply hold your red button down... allow the screen to go black, cut the phone back on... I would then recommend using quick pull if you haven't rebooted in a while, but if you have then you should be good to go. I noticed that in .99 you don't have to battery pull anymore when BBM causes the storm to freeze. Holding down the power button will allow you to escape.

Try to keep your Storm from swapping between landscape and portrait while receiving messages in BBM. That should cut down on the freezes.
    02-09-09 12:30 AM
    with .99 when i recieve a text or BB msngr or aim it take about 10 seconds b4 i can unlock my phone
    02-09-09 02:48 AM
    Technically its called the "ESCAPE KEY." And it doesn't matter if you use the ESCAPE KEY, the END KEY, or hit the MENU KEY and choose "CLOSE" because BlackBerry Messenger is not an application that ever closes, it is always running. That's why when you hold down the MENU KEY you see a list of applications that are currently running and BBM is always on there bc there is no way to disable it. So you can only ever "back out" of BBM.

I was pretty clear in my first post when I said "AVOID" it freezing up by hitting the ESCAPE KEY. I didn't say hitting the ESCAPE KEY (aka back key, return key) would get it to unfreeze after it is frozen, but rather to AVOID it, which means that it is still working normally.................................... I never said the BACK KEY (aka Return Key, Escape Key) gets BBM out of being locked up............... I said to AVOID getting locked up GET OUT OF THE BBM USING THE RETURN KEY (aka Back Key, Escape Key).............

Wooooooohoooooo!!!!

What is your problem, I was not starting anything. You can take it anyway you want. I was just mentioning that it is not called the return key, this may confuse other members...... I know what app's need to and are always running, but good practice for new people is to get in the habit of going to "close" that way on any app they make sure they close it.....

Oh thanks for the low blow, even since I wasn't expecting it.........
    02-09-09 07:34 AM
    I have... mine always freezes in BBM i don't know why.. the only OS it worked perfect with was .75
    Same with mine. It worked great with that build..
    02-09-09 09:22 AM
    Mine freezes too. Mostly when I leave it open and the phone goes to sleep. Irritating.

02-09-09 10:11 AM
    Mine froze all the time in BBM on .90 has been fine in BBM with .99. But occasionally it doesn't notify with the audio alert, its weird.
    02-09-09 10:32 AM
    my BBM freezes at least once a day...
    02-09-09 11:08 AM
    I have noticed that BBM and the BlackBerry case will cause mine to freeze. It seems that the wake-up function is causing havoc with things.

Does anyone else (who is experiencing these lock-ups) have their Storm in the BB case when it's freezing on you?

I have purposely left mine away from the case for the past few days and have not experienced any lock-ups.
    02-10-09 09:01 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD