So, my friend and I have tried using BBM w/ our BlackBerries, but it doesn't seem to work. Whenever we add each other neither of us receives a request from the other.
    I have used BBM w/ another friend, and it works fine for me. The other friend and I both have internet on our phones.
    The friend that I can't get it to work with doesn't have internet. She hasn't tried using BBM w/ anyone else.
    Is it the fact that she doesn't have internet that we can't use BBM w/ each other? Or is it just some other glitch? And if it is, does anyone know how to fix it?

(I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8130, and she has a Pearl also but I'm not sure what version [though I think it's an older one].)
    07-26-09 02:32 AM
    Yes, it uses a data connection
    07-26-09 02:35 AM
    You need to have a proper blackberry plan with your cellphone provider or Blackberry Messenger will not have the proper connection to the Blackberry servers. You do not need to have a data plan for downloading, just a proper BB plan. Sounds like you have the correct plan but your other friend does not.
    07-26-09 11:11 PM
    You can not use BBM with a Go Phone plan either it has to be on contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 11:59 PM
    Outdated, you can use it with a Go Phone
    08-21-11 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD