I've read a few threads about how to change the location reported in BBM but I thought this was updated automatically along with the time zone. I have this option set and my understanding was that when I visit a different country BBM would update with the appropriate country flag without any intervention by the user.

Is this correct? Will this update appear on my contact's phones?

I guess I don't really understand fully how this works. But if the answers are yes then this is a great way to notify my contacts when I'm out of town as not all will necessarily know in advance.

thx
    01-08-12 10:05 AM
    I've read a few threads about how to change the location reported in BBM but I thought this was updated automatically along with the time zone. I have this option set and my understanding was that when I visit a different country BBM would update with the appropriate country flag without any intervention by the user.

Is this correct? Will this update appear on my contact's phones?

I guess I don't really understand fully how this works. But if the answers are yes then this is a great way to notify my contacts when I'm out of town as not all will necessarily know in advance.

thx
    I am currently overseas on int'l roaming, and as long as I have 'Show My Location/Timezone' enabled, it updates on its own. However, a contact will only know this info if they go check out your profile.
    01-11-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD