hey guys is the sms interface on bb6/bb7 the same as bbm ? please post pictures... let's say if im texting someone and i get a new text is there some type of pop up notification or do i have to exit out and manually see it ?
    07-30-11 11:38 AM
    It pops up,
    Here is what it looks like on my Torch 9800

bbqsanchez likes this.
    07-30-11 01:51 PM
    thank god it doesn't pop up, wouldn't want private messages popping up on my screen while it's on my desk during a meeting or something, privacy rules!
    07-30-11 02:03 PM
    there is a pop up.
    07-30-11 03:31 PM
    It looks snazzy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 03:46 PM
    There is NO pop-up without a third-party app doing it for you.

At least there hasn't been for the past 8 months I've been on my Torch with OS 6. Same with my Pearl 8100 on OS 4.5 for 3 years before that.

There is a notification icon just like an email notification along with whatever sound you want. But that's all you get by default.

07-30-11 05:35 PM
    There is NO pop-up without a third-party app doing it for you.

At least there hasn't been for the past 8 months I've been on my Torch with OS 6. Same with my Pearl 8100 on OS 4.5 for 3 years before that.

There is a notification icon just like an email notification along with whatever sound you want. But that's all you get by default.

I get pop-ups every time I am in the middle of a text message while typing out another message whether it be text, email or bum.

It pops up at the bottom and I have the option to switch to that message or not. It eventually goes away. OS 6 9650
    07-30-11 05:57 PM
    true, but no pop-ups on your home screen
    07-30-11 06:37 PM
    oh great info guys .. i assume that on non touch screen bb's the virtual keyboard on the left is not there?
    07-30-11 08:25 PM
    oh great info guys .. i assume that on non touch screen bb's the virtual keyboard on the left is not there?
    That whole bottom row of icons isn't there on the rest of the OS6 devices.
    On OS6, you press the Blackberry button for those options.
    07-30-11 08:32 PM
    I get pop-ups every time I am in the middle of a text message while typing out another message whether it be text, email or bum.

It pops up at the bottom and I have the option to switch to that message or not. It eventually goes away. OS 6 9650
    I do too and no I don't have any 3rd party app in my phone to account for it. I am on 6.0 though.
    07-30-11 09:20 PM
    I do too and no I don't have any 3rd party app in my phone to account for it. I am on 6.0 though.
    I'm pretty sure the OP meant the pop-up that happens on iOS, where it shows up in the middle of the screen.
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    07-30-11 09:21 PM
    I'm pretty sure the OP meant the pop-up that happens on iOS, where it shows up in the middle of the screen.
    And OUTSIDE of the sms app itself.

07-30-11 11:19 PM
    i had an iphone 4 and yes its great for what it and now i have and old curve 8310. no bbm contacts but i do alot of texting and even though it has no apps or that apple feeling. its just so addictive to type on this 2/3 year old phone. there's just something "unnatural" about typing on glass. your senses need to feel that keyboard feeling. make sense?
    07-31-11 09:32 AM
    to me it makes a lot of sense, I have to agree, I just don't like it, the glass typing experience.
    Didn't like the typing on a storm 2 either, apparently I have a need for real buttons under my fingers.
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    07-31-11 09:54 AM
    ^ is like i feel human and not an "android" lol .. i know i know its corny.
    07-31-11 10:51 AM
    Sometimes when text pop up on the home screen on an iPhone it can be embarrassing if your mother is using your phone and some one just sext'ed you.
    07-31-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD