hi all
    i did a back up of my entire phone via the desktop manager and restored it again after wiping my handheld.now when i restored my bbm the contacts came but my friends complained that when they try to send me a msg it says i dunt have them as my contact and shows two options - Reinvite and Delete...

why is this prob happening when i have backuped and restored the bbm contacts??
    03-01-11 04:15 AM
    Mine restores. Don't know what to tell ya.
    03-01-11 04:49 AM
    I had the same problem.. Did a total back-up and I had to re-add everybody one by one again..
    03-01-11 11:29 AM
    Never had this problem before.

Even if I would install an OS fresh without BBM, then restore backup, then download the latest version of BBM, I dont even need to restore the backup again, all my contacts appear fine and I do not need to reinvite them.

Strange issue, dunno what to tell ya as well
    03-01-11 11:33 AM
    i did a back of my bbm contacts via email and restored it to my new berry and it worked perfectly fine all my contacts are still there under bbm go to options and then scroll down to back up and click to regis. your email and then when you want to restore after a wipe or on a new device itll ask you if you want to restore it
    03-01-11 07:32 PM
    For some reason when I backup autotext, at times it doesnt not backup. BBM contact list has not had that problem before. I always backup locally and remotely just in case.
    03-02-11 12:28 PM
    The 9780 was the first BB I've had that was odd about restoring contacts... eventually it did it on its own, but at first I was desperate to get it working so tried re-adding people individually.
    I've had mine set to remotely backup using my gmail account since I've had my 8900 and its worked flawlessly. This time, Torch to 9780 was a bit odd, really took its time doing it.
    03-02-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD