View Poll Results: Do you include SMS-only folks in your BBM?

10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have SMS contacts in my BBM contacts list and use BBM to text them.

2 20.00%
  • No, why the heck would I want to do that? BBM is for BB folks only!

8 80.00%
  • There is no Option 3.

0 0%
    When I noticed that I had the option to integrate SMS-only contacts into BBM, I decided to try it with a single contact. I quickly discovered how spoiled I am by BBM.

I am used to batting out a few lines and hitting enter at will in BBM. Unfortunately, chatting with an SMS contact in this fashion would cost me easily 4-5 times as many messages as it should. I always try to use as much of the 160 characters as possible (for extended conversations). Being in BBM, I tend to forget, batting off 1-liners, 1-characters, etc... If I did this on a regular basis with a few different SMS contacts, I would burn through my entire 200/month SMS messages in a single day! (Yes, I really send that few SMS texts each month. My wife and son are on BBM, as well as many of my close friends.)

So, just curious: How many of you have SMS contacts in your BBM?
    05-14-10 03:01 PM
    I do not have SMS integrated with BBM, I just keep them seperate. Old school I guess...
    05-14-10 03:06 PM
    Hmm, figured this would get more play...
    05-17-10 09:05 AM
    I keep them separate. I only use SMS for non-BB folks. All my chats with BB owners are BBM.
    05-17-10 09:35 AM
    I integrate only those SMS contacts that are my "preferred" contacts. That way I get the blue BBM notifier for them.
    05-17-10 09:41 AM
    I keep them separate too, BBM for the BB owners only
    05-19-10 11:03 AM
    I combine both but I only use BBM to communicate with my wife.

I only wish that BerryPopUp would display BBM's.

Good Luck
    05-19-10 05:23 PM
    it actually annoys me when the sms goes into the bbm but such is life and i prefer not to unlink everything cuz that annoys me even more lol
    05-19-10 05:54 PM