Is there a way to disable bbm notifications. here is why.....I installed a new sms app for the wife and every time she get a txt she gets notifications from it and bbm. Then she has to go and open bbm to clear it out. I have a droid and do not have these silly problems. they shouldn't exist. I not only have apps to actually do things with my phone, i have options to control what my phone does and i don't have to pay for 3rd party software to get it done. I desperately want her to go to an android phone so this will help me by her reading the responses on how limited she is and not just take my word for it.
    06-10-10 01:12 AM
    What app did you install on your wifes phone?
    Has she separated her SMS/MMS folder from the Messages?
    Does she have BBM conversations set to show in the Messages Folder?
    06-10-10 01:18 AM
    So you're blaming BB's for a 3rd party app's problem?

First of all, submit a bug report to the developers. If the problem persists, uninstall the app. If this is a common problem then I suspect a lot of people who use the app (if it's popular mind you, you may have bought something completely oddball) would have reported this in the reviews which you should have read.

So it's not a BB problem, it's an app issue.
    06-10-10 01:20 AM
    No one cares about your little rant, bro.
    06-10-10 01:32 AM
    crunchsms. regardless of sms program bbm notification still appears. Is there or is there not a way to disable it?

and yes they do care. and you care to or you wouldn't of responded.
    06-10-10 01:44 AM
    You'll have to go into BBM and unlink the contact. I think you can delete them from the BBM list but I could be wrong.
    06-10-10 01:57 AM
    So basically you came here to complain about BB's (really its an app issue that may even contain the controls you're looking for) and convince your wife to get an android (because of this "issue") and you want us to convince her of it?

You are a tool.

Go to an android forum for that.
    06-10-10 11:54 AM
    If she needs a forum to convince her over you your marriage needs help big time.
    06-10-10 11:56 AM
    qqqLewis... I'm having the same problems. If I get a Txt from someone who's also on my BBM list stuff goes haywire. This has nothing to do with the 3rd party app. Sometimes I can't even see the text on the "messages" screen because it's almost hidden... I don't even know how to explain it. Now I love BB's.. but with this new bs and the fact that my Tour and Bold's bluetooths have never worked in my BMW I think I gotta jump ship.
    06-10-10 12:00 PM
    If she needs a forum to convince her over you your marriage needs help big time.
    hahahaha... yeah.

I love this part especially though:

I have a droid and do not have these silly problems. they shouldn't exist. I not only have apps to actually do things with my phone, i have options to control what my phone does and i don't have to pay for 3rd party software to get it done.
    Hey dude, I have a BB and these silly problems don't exist either. I have options to control what my phone does TOO and I don't have to pay for 3rd party software to get it done either.
    06-10-10 12:03 PM
    crunchsms. regardless of sms program bbm notification still appears. Is there or is there not a way to disable it?

and yes they do care. and you care to or you wouldn't of responded.
    Remove the contact link in bbm with the address book and it wont do that. Been covered on here many a times.
    06-10-10 12:14 PM
    Remove the contact link in bbm with the address book and it wont do that. Been covered on here many a times.
    Yeah but you can't expect him to read or use the search function, he's too busy with his super usefull apps that actually do stuff
    06-10-10 12:19 PM
    Yeah but you can't expect him to read or use the search function, he's too busy with his super usefull apps that actually do stuff
    Hey now, I am going to the evo.
    06-10-10 01:37 PM
    Hey now, I am going to the evo.
    Hey theres nothing wrong with that! Just don't come back here to rub it in and make fun of bb's!
    06-10-10 01:44 PM
    How do I unlink Blaq from BBM?
    10-21-13 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD