I have the leaked BBM (has the barcode and all).

Is there any real difference if I switch to the new one?

Any drawbacks (I did see it's a memory wh*re)?
    Last edited by Advntrous1; 10-08-09 at 03:40 AM.
    10-08-09 03:24 AM
    yes upgrade....what OS you on?
    10-08-09 03:43 AM
    Definitely worth it. It's faster, smoother, and just overall works better. And it tells you when people are writing a message just like it's supposed to... and all the time, not just when it feels like telling you. Oh, and the email backup process actually works with this one (didn't work or didn't work properly with the leaked one).

This version of BBM is much improved, so I'd say it's worthwhile deleting the old one and installing the new one. Don't forget to save your contacts list first, just to be safe.
    10-08-09 03:45 AM
    and i havent noticed as bad a memory problem as with the leaked one!

well worth the update!
    10-08-09 03:55 AM
    I did see the email function. What does it actually do..just back up your BlackBerry messenger contacts? How does reinstall (say you do need the backed up copy)?

Also, will it save my BlackBerry messenger contacts if I load it through app world (is it supposed to)?

And last:

If I want to do it through app world, I'm guessing there is no way to delete the version I have on here now, correct (I know I'd lose the BlackBerry messenger contacts that way (there isn't a lot and I can pull them from contacts)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:18 AM
    Ironically I can now answer a few of my own questions.

When upgrading from the leaked BlackBerry messenger to the new one and going through DM manager, I found it not only transferred my contacts perfectly (I did have them backed up in my phone book), I transferred my info (including the picture I set up), my settings, and even kept my conversations.
    That was easy.
    I do see where it prompts you for the email backup. I signed up for it. Wonder how it works...
    One great "first impression"... This is so much easier to read!!!!
    Thanks for everyone's input.

10-08-09 04:44 AM
    yes upgrade....what OS you on?
    I'm on a hybrid (.186).
    It works great.
    Might think of upgrading my OS this weekend also.

10-08-09 04:47 AM
    The only difference I noticed is there is no swipe to end a conversation option in the new bbm

10-08-09 06:22 AM
    A few differences. I don't recall seeing a Blackberry Groups button on the bottom of the contacts list. If you press that it opens "Create a Group" and "Scan a Group Barcode." Invite contact at the top of the contacts list.

Then again it may have been there all along. I am about the most unobservant person on the planet.
    10-08-09 07:38 AM
    If I am all the way at the bottom of my contacts there is a BlackBerry Groups section..just for reference

10-08-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD