Hi,

What's the difference between 'declining' a contact when you receive a contact request from them and 'ignoring' them? I'd like to decline them, but I know if you get 'declined' you receive a little note saying the other person declined you. I don't want them to know that.. so should I press 'Ignore'? Or will that not help at all?

Or should I not respond anything to the request at all - if that's the only way they don't know that I've 'declined' them?
    07-11-10 08:56 AM
    hey
    so i am not 100% sure but i think if you decline them then they get a notification that there request to you has been declined.
    if you hit ignore then i think you ignore the request but no notification has been sent to them that you declined.
    07-11-10 10:55 AM
    Really? Can I have a few more thoughts on this? Not too sure yet. I don't want them to know I've not accepted their request.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 03:07 AM
    first off, they are going to know you are declining them when the add never goes through. at least be kind enough to tell them you dont want them added.

declining them i dont think will say anything to them that you actually declined. but it will allow them to readd you again, making it obvious you declined the first time.

ignoring, i believe, will no longer allow requests from that PIN to go through. you have the option to ignore future requests when you delete someone off BBM. i assume its the same thing.
    07-12-10 04:03 AM
    No, I know for a fact declining a contact gives them the notification that their request was declined. I've seen it, trust me. Was just asking whether 'ignoring' them instead of declining them does the same.

07-12-10 07:12 AM
    No, I know for a fact declining a contact gives them the notification that their request was declined. I've seen it, trust me. Was just asking whether 'ignoring' them instead of declining them does the same.

well then ignoring may go either way. im not sure.
    07-12-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD