Can anyone make a case for using Blackberry messenger? I don't see the difference between it a texting. If there's something great about it I'm missing please point it out.
    12-24-09 08:29 AM
    BBM is included in your data plan. You can send files, photos, voice notes. You know when the message has been sent, delivered and read and you can also see when they are writing back to you.
    12-24-09 08:37 AM
    It's my understanding that BBM is also a secure communications channel, unlike text messages or IM... if you text people can find traces of those text messages... that's not the case with BBM.
    12-24-09 08:46 AM
    Messages are threaded, so it is much easier to carry on an actual conversation (as opposed to one-off messages).
    12-24-09 09:18 AM
    So if you are using a company issued BB, can the company view your messages sent thru BB Messenger?
    12-24-09 09:22 AM
    So if you are using a company issued BB, can the company view your messages sent thru BB Messenger?
    Yes, that ability is available. If you're using BES you're company can see all your communication and activity.
    12-24-09 09:44 AM
    I never tried using BBM ... Does it only work between blackberries?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 03:55 PM
    Yes, only BlackBerry phones can use it.
    12-24-09 06:00 PM
    BBM also allows you to chat with folks all over the world from your own country without incurring international charges. If you sent SMS to somebody in another country, you would have extra fees.

12-24-09 07:51 PM
    I don't pay for texting. BBM is included with your data plan so that is a bonus for me. I have over 15 friends, co-workers and business contacts with BBM so I use it to chat with them. I also use Yahoo messenger to chat with my wife and a few others.

12-24-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD