What's the difference between Contacts (A shortcut for me) and the Compose (C shortcut) ? I mean they feel, look and behave the same. The only difference I see is that one has "New contact:" at the beginning and the other has "[Use once]" - Just to make two different things for that seems... a waste. I mean I don't really use "New contact" if I want to add a new contact nor do I use the "Use Once" if I want to send a SMS or something. I use the menu key which has those functions anyway.

So, are there any USEFUL differences between the two ?
    11-12-10 04:37 PM
    Yes there is. If you tried them both out you would see.

I want to see someone phone number. If I choose "c" I see basically the same screen but when I select their name, it brings me to the compase email screen. They are the recipient and I can type an email to them. Not see there Phone number.

If I had selected "a" I would now be looking at all of there contact info. Pin, emails, phone numbers, etc.r ha

On the other hand if I want to write a fast email "c" works perfect.
    If I select "a" when I select them I see all there contact info and if I want to email them I have to select ->Menu and then scroll down to "email bill" or whatever.

I use them both depending on what I am trying to do.
    11-12-10 05:11 PM
    So two differences: "use once" option which is available anyway in the contacts and if I press OK I get to write an e-mail, which I do by using the menu key as I mentioned.

OK, maybe these two functions maybe useful for someone, but it hardly seems enough to make a different app just for them, I mean it's all there under the Menu key...
    11-12-10 05:33 PM

This is a pleasant change. Most people come here and complain about how it could be easier to do something. You concluded that RIM put in too much effort into making things easy.

And just a FYI the "a" is for address book.

Anyways, not everyone needs to use all the shortcuts. But i'm sure that there are some people that would not be very happy now if RIM removed the compose shortcut.
    11-12-10 05:55 PM
    I know, I'm just saying they should have channeled their efforts into something more useful, for example multiple alarms on the default clock so I don't have to install a 3rd party app just for that. Or a data/sms counter which even my Sagem myX-1 from 1998 has...
    11-12-10 05:58 PM
    The compose shortcut is something that has been in the blackberry OS since before they even had the clock, which was first seen on the BlackBerry Bold and the BlackBerry Storm.

But I do agree that they have other things that they could improve now.
    11-12-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD