10-07-11 01:21 PM
76 1234
tools
    After I upgraded to 4.5 I now have a device default calendar that is where all my appointments went. How do I delete the device default calendar or transfer all my appointments to a different calendar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I was able to remove/delete the default calender, it was part of a lengthy process i went through... but essentially this will wipe ALL calender entries and it happened to remove the Default Calender: go to Calendar > Options > type 'rset' and follow the prompts. When i did this, i had removed all my pers email accounts (I'm on BES).

Read my post, it provides more details of my situation and how this command helped me.
    05-02-09 09:05 AM
    So, what do you do if you have no CICAL listed in Service Books, and when you go to default to choose your default calendar, there is nothing there?
    05-12-09 04:00 PM
    I kind of have the opposite question. I have 4 calendars: Blackberry, Device Default, Facebook and my email calendar. Only the email calendar syncs with google sync right now. Sometimes I want to add events to my calendar and NOT sync them to google so I would like to add them to the Device Default so I can still see them but not sync them to google. However when I try adding an event to another calendar the only option I have is my email calendar. How do i get the other options to appear? Is it possible?
    05-13-09 11:53 PM
    i had this same problem and how i solved it was...i went to desktop manager > back up and restore > advanced > and from a recent previous backup restored only the service books (when the calender was working without the default calendar)....and works now
    07-23-09 10:49 AM
    how do you get the service books back cor a cical that you deleted?
    08-03-09 04:31 PM
    YOU SHOULD BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING THIS.

This is very easy.

I am assuming that you have two or more calendars on your device and you want the Default Calendar gone.

So, right now, your Calendar Options looks like this:

Calendar Options
    General Options

Calendars
    Default Calendar (go away!)
    Actual Calendar (keep this, it's tied to email address)

My setup: I have 1 gmail (google apps) account associated with my Blackberry. This means that I actually have two calendars, one called "Default" and one called "[my gmail account]". I only want the [my gmail account] calendar on my Blackberry. This is how you do it:

1. Connect BB to computer and launch the Desktop Manager application.
    2. Select Backup and Restore
    3. Select Advanced
    4. Select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" from the right column and send them to the left column.
    5. After items have been backed up, select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All", then click "Clear" at the bottom of the window.

After doing this, you can disconnect the BB from the computer and you will no longer have a Default Calendar.

*Restore from backup - NOTE: I use gsync to sync my Calendar so I have not tested restoring events from the backup created in step 4 above, but I have to ASSume it will be seemless.

I did these steps and it got rid of the Default Calendar for me, but I made one small change, after I cleared the Calendar - All and went to restore them I noticed that the entries difference between Calendar and Calendar - All was 1, so I only restored the Calendar which had 1 less entry, and this restored all the calendar events for the other emails and did not bring back the Default Calendar.
    08-14-09 05:59 PM
    Great this worked for me also!

Cheers!
    08-24-09 07:26 PM
    After I upgraded to 4.5 I now have a device default calendar that is where all my appointments went. How do I delete the device default calendar or transfer all my appointments to a different calendar?

Try THIS : it works !

Overview

If calendar entries are present across multiple calendars on the BlackBerry smartphone and only one calendar is intended to be used, perform the following tasks to merge the calendars.

Warning: This command will irreversibly move the calendar entries to one calendar. Please back up the BlackBerry smartphone prior to doing this.

If calendar entries exist on a Device Default calendar, complete the following steps:

1. Open the Calendar.
    2. Press the menu key.
    3. Choose Options
    4. Type MOVE on the keypad.
    5. You will be asked to move all appointments in the base system calendar. Choose YES to accept moving all entries in the Device Default calendar to the default active calendar.

This operation will move all calendar entries existing on the Device Default calendar to the active calendar shown in the Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

If calendar entries are split between two BlackBerry Internet Service calendars, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services
    2. Verify the correct email address is shown for Calendar (CICAL):
    3. Press the back arrow and save the changes if prompted.
    4. In the Advanced Options menu, choose Service Book
    5. Highlight the entry for the calendar you do not want. This will appear as email@domain.com [CICAL]
    6. Press the menu key and choose Delete

By deleting a CICAL, any calendar entries associated to it are moved to a Device Default calendar. This step can be repeated if additional calendars contain entries you want to move.

Once all desired entries have been moved to the Device Default calendar using the above steps, follow steps 1 through 5 at the beginning of the resolution area, then resend service books to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Service books can be resent to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the tasks in KB02830.

If the calendar is synchronized to a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, the configuration for BlackBerry Desktop Manager will need to be reset and set up again before completing another sync. For more information on setting up synchronization settings, see KB17022.
    moondavinci, leanneleg and PvT like this.
    08-25-09 11:35 AM
    Just used this method to fix my calendar issue and it worked perfectly! Thanks!
    08-28-09 05:04 PM
    Thanks doraemon96. That works for what I need.
    09-15-09 09:41 PM
    Thanks to all for the informative posts.

I have one Outlook Calendar and 3 email calendars (with 3 pop3 email accounts) on BIS. I used Parc's solution to delete the Default profile.
    It worked. Later when my device restarted the service books pushed and I synced. All my entries in my Outlook Calendar disappeared.

I deleted the CICAL entries and re-synced. All Outlook entries returned (although I lost the colorized categories assisgned). When service books are re-pushed and I sync, all Outlook entries are wiped out again.

I pushed service books and tried a sync but switched so the BB overwrote and replaced Outlook Data. It sync's fine but on the BB the associated events on the calendar are randomly paired with the various BB accounts. unbelievable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 09-17-09 at 05:43 AM.
    09-17-09 05:09 AM
    Check out my profile or PM me and I can help you with this, I posted a thread with detailed instructions how to get this corrected.

09-17-09 08:35 AM
    I would sure be obliged! PM'ing you now.
    09-17-09 10:41 AM
    ugh, I upgraded my OS again & this problem has reared it's head again.
    I tried the below, but with an 8130, you can't type in "move".

Overview

If calendar entries are present across multiple calendars on the BlackBerry smartphone and only one calendar is intended to be used, perform the following tasks to merge the calendars.

Warning: This command will irreversibly move the calendar entries to one calendar. Please back up the BlackBerry smartphone prior to doing this.

If calendar entries exist on a Device Default calendar, complete the following steps:

1. Open the Calendar.
    2. Press the menu key.
    3. Choose Options
    5. You will be asked to move all appointments in the base system calendar. Choose YES to accept moving all entries in the Device Default calendar to the default active calendar.

This operation will move all calendar entries existing on the Device Default calendar to the active calendar shown in the Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

If calendar entries are split between two BlackBerry Internet Service calendars, complete the following steps:

5. Highlight the entry for the calendar you do not want. This will appear as email@domain.com [CICAL]

By deleting a CICAL, any calendar entries associated to it are moved to a Device Default calendar. This step can be repeated if additional calendars contain entries you want to move.

Once all desired entries have been moved to the Device Default calendar using the above steps, follow steps 1 through 5 at the beginning of the resolution area, then resend service books to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Service books can be resent to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the tasks in KB02830.

If the calendar is synchronized to a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, the configuration for BlackBerry Desktop Manager will need to be reset and set up again before completing another sync. For more information on setting up synchronization settings, see KB17022.
    09-19-09 02:40 PM
    Here is a thread that may be more helpful.
    09-21-09 09:08 AM
    kingb71 - you need to type it in as if it were on multitap. So, press twice to get the 'v'.

doraemon96 - thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for after upgrading my OS.

Cheers.
    09-21-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks! Good solution to a long-time issue!
    09-21-09 02:31 PM

This is very easy.

I am assuming that you have two or more calendars on your device and you want the Default Calendar gone.

Calendar Options
    General Options

Calendars

My setup: I have 1 gmail (google apps) account associated with my Blackberry. This means that I actually have two calendars, one called "Default" and one called "[my gmail account]". I only want the [my gmail account] calendar on my Blackberry. This is how you do it:

3. Select Advanced
    4. Select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" from the right column and send them to the left column.
    5. After items have been backed up, select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All", then click "Clear" at the bottom of the window.

After doing this, you can disconnect the BB from the computer and you will no longer have a Default Calendar.

*Restore from backup - NOTE: I use gsync to sync my Calendar so I have not tested restoring events from the backup created in step 4 above, but I have to ASSume it will be seemless.

This worked perfectly for me as well. Thanks!
    10-07-09 12:10 PM

Overview

1. Open the Calendar.
    2. Press the menu key.
    3. Choose Options

You are my hero!!! This worked perfectly...thank you so much!
    10-10-09 10:21 AM
    I had outlook syncing to desktop and it worked. Today I tried to update the calendar and device default showed up. I got rid of it and cleared my calendar but when I resync is it going to come back again? I had doubles and only could delete one of the appts. When I clicked on the second one it said it was deleted externally and the viewer would close
    10-13-09 02:07 AM

This is very easy.

Calendar Options
    General Options

Calendars

3. Select Advanced

Hi. This sounded so promising, and I got so excited. But it didn't work. When my Enterprise activation kicked in for my Outlook-based work email, my desktop manager no longer gives me the option to change things like the Calendar settings in the Advanced settings. There has to be a workaround. I have my Desktop calendar and my Default calendar (which should be my desktop calendar). I really just want to see my one calendar (Desktop) each time without having to tell it to show me one calendar each time. I know someone out there has an answer. Thanks.
    10-18-09 09:00 PM
    I did this, and the device default calendar disappeared. But them when I restored it, it was back again! :-(
    This method will remove the Default calendar but restoring will put it back. You have to clear the calendar and then resync with gsync or however you sync. You restore just in case of a catastrophic failure.
    10-21-09 03:06 AM
    This was the best answer I found... and it worked for me! Here was my issue: I had calendar items populated in my device default calendar that matched my google calendar, thus showing duplicate entries all over my BlackBerry. This happened somehow using google sync. I signed out of google sync, then my google calendar entries were removed from my BlackBerry (but still existed in my online google calendar). To move the device default calendar entries into my google calendar, I went to calendar -> (menu) options -> typed MOVE, then clicked YES to move everything to my default calendar (google). I then, re-signed in to google sync, now everything is working magically again! No more duplicate entries! Everything is in google now!

See below for the BlackBerry answer:
    View Document

Scenario 1

You have two email account integrations with your BlackBerry Internet Service account, a user@gmail.com and user@yahoo.com account. You decide that you no longer want to have the user@gmail.com account associated to this BlackBerry smartphone. Upon removing the user@gmail.com integration, the associated Gmail service books are automatically removed from the BlackBerry smartphone. Within the Calendar application, you see entries associated to the user@yahoo.com account as well as entries now associated to the Device Default calendar. Since the Gmail service books have been removed, any associated calendar entries have been moved to the Device Default (base system) calendar and are now left with no service association which would prevent these entries from being synchronized with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. To merge these records with the user@yahoo.com calendar, you will need to complete the following steps:

Open the Calendar application.
    Press the menu key.
    Choose Options.
    Type MOVE on the keypad.
    You will be asked to move all appointments in the base system calendar. Choose YES to accept moving all entries in the Device Default calendar to the default active calendar.
    Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone by taking the battery out while the BlackBerry smartphone is still powered on and placing it back in.
    This operation will move all calendar entries existing on the Device Default calendar to the calendar selected as the default calendar (CICAL) shown in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

Note : If prior to performing the MOVE command as stated above you decide to reintegrate the user@gmail.com account, the entries that were moved to the Device Default calendar will once again become associated to the user@gmail.com account once the user@gmail.com (CICAL) service book is received to the BlackBerry smartphone.
    11-20-09 10:02 PM
    Thank you doraemon96 I have been trying to fix that problem for awhile now. I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly and even removed the device default calendar from the select calendar screen. Once again thank you.

Overview

1. Open the Calendar.
    2. Press the menu key.
    3. Choose Options

11-30-09 02:50 PM
    should there be a calendar that actually says Device Default Calendar?
    I only have the FB, my two gmail accts and my work acct which is tied into outlook...
    12-09-09 04:47 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD