10-07-11 12:21 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    After I upgraded to 4.5 I now have a device default calendar that is where all my appointments went. How do I delete the device default calendar or transfer all my appointments to a different calendar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:10 PM
    You can't delete "default calendar" because it is simply whichever calendar is the default. If you have only one calendar then by definition this will be the default. However, if you have more than one calendar set up you can select which one is the default. Probably Options/Advanced/Default Services.
    02-17-09 12:28 PM
    How do I delete the default calendar?

02-21-09 09:48 AM
    See my previous response. It is impossible to delete "Default Calendar" unless you delete all calendars, and I think that is not what you want to achieve.

If more than one calendar exists you can select which calendar is default, and you can delete any calendar you don't want by deleting its service book entry. If only one calendar exists then by definition it is also the default calendar.

"Default" is a magic word, because the default must always exist. Think of it like a pile of plates, there is always a "top plate" even if you remove and smash the top plate. The only way to not have a top plate is to destroy the pile.

I suspect you wish to delete the calendar which is currently tagged as default. If you delete the service book for the calendar which is the current default one of the other calendars will take its place as default calendar - so Default Calendar will still exist even if it's a different calendar from the default 10 minutes ago. Also be aware, if you resend service books the deleted ones will reappear, so it isn't really worth the effort to delete them - simply set the default you want and ignore the others like everyone else does.
    02-22-09 07:00 PM
    The OP is not asking how to delete the calendar that is set as default - he is asking how to delete a calendar associated with his BB that is called "Device Default." If you remove an email address, the calendar for that address is deleted as well, but any appointments that were in that calendar revert to a local calendar on the phone (called "device default"). I have the same problem and would also appreciate any advice on removing this calendar, as I removed my work email from my phone and then re-added it, so all the appointments that were stored on the phone when I removed the address now appear twice, once on my work email and once on the "device default" calendar
    MarkRCohen likes this.
    03-18-09 10:14 AM
    I think I will jump in here too and add MY 2 cents:
    I have a similar problem and have been looking for a decent answer on various forums and even RIM's website.
    This Calendar thing is a Royal PITA! I recently upgraded from a Curve to a Bold and while porting everything across, noticed that suddenly I have 2 or 3 of everything in my Calendar! One for "device default", one for my work email (which is set up as the device default) and now one for Facebook (running the new version 1.5).
    Every time I go into the Calendar options, "select calendar", it is set to Show All Calendars. No matter how many times I reset it to just show the default.
    This is driving me crazy!!
    MarkRCohen likes this.
    03-18-09 08:20 PM
    After I upgraded to 4.5 I now have a device default calendar that is where all my appointments went. How do I delete the device default calendar or transfer all my appointments to a different calendar?

YOU SHOULD BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING THIS.

This is very easy.

I am assuming that you have two or more calendars on your device and you want the Default Calendar gone.

So, right now, your Calendar Options looks like this:

Calendar Options
    General Options

Calendars
    Default Calendar (go away!)
    Actual Calendar (keep this, it's tied to email address)

My setup: I have 1 gmail (google apps) account associated with my Blackberry. This means that I actually have two calendars, one called "Default" and one called "[my gmail account]". I only want the [my gmail account] calendar on my Blackberry. This is how you do it:

1. Connect BB to computer and launch the Desktop Manager application.
    2. Select Backup and Restore
    3. Select Advanced
    4. Select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" from the right column and send them to the left column.
    5. After items have been backed up, select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All", then click "Clear" at the bottom of the window.

After doing this, you can disconnect the BB from the computer and you will no longer have a Default Calendar.

*Restore from backup - NOTE: I use gsync to sync my Calendar so I have not tested restoring events from the backup created in step 4 above, but I have to ASSume it will be seemless.

Last edited by Parc Ferme; 03-21-09 at 12:57 PM.
    shrewsburysq likes this.
    03-21-09 12:52 PM
    Did you have any problems syncing from Google Calendar to your BB through Google Sync?
    03-23-09 09:55 AM
    Ok, I just tried this, and Google Sync is not syncing my calendar as it should, even though the sync is deemed successful. What gives????
    03-23-09 10:59 AM
    Ok, it seems to be working out now, after logging out then in in Google Sync. I was not wise enough to save my calendars when trying your solution, although I did make a full BB backup. Maybe I will try and recover some possibly lost events from it.
    03-23-09 12:30 PM
    Is there a way I can select my gmail address as my default calendar?
    I thought there was a way to do this, but I can't find it.
    Gsync now places all my events in the new "default" calendar, which is associated with the blackberry email address on my device, not my gmail or anything else.
    EDIT1:
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services sets which calendar is the default. I have it associated with my gmail now, but still see an entry for my gmail calendar. Oh well, I can live with that I guess.

Can I also delete the calendars associated with the other email addresses (I have about 6 on my bb)?
    EDIT2:
    I totally forgot going into the service books & deleting the CICAL entry for each unwanted calendar will delete it (I knew there was a way to do that!)
    Last edited by kingb71; 03-23-09 at 03:54 PM.
    03-23-09 02:39 PM
    I just tried this today and it worked great!
    03-23-09 11:02 PM
    I could be wrong, but I believe that if you only delete the SVC BOOKS, then the next time you power cycle the BB or do a batt pull, you will get your calendars again.

You should be able to restore the calendar events from the backup via DM.

I logged out of gsync and logged back in and sync'd all my events.
    03-24-09 03:46 AM
    Could be, but then that service book would be "empty", right?
    03-24-09 12:55 PM
    This is exactly what has happened to me. I deleted my blackberry.net email address and now I have 2 of every entry that was on my calendar.... one for Device Default Calendar and one for the correct one (my google apps email) -
    I have the default services set to add to the correct calendar for future ones but I have dups for every entry currently in my calendar.

How can you get rid of that?

The OP is not asking how to delete the calendar that is set as default - he is asking how to delete a calendar associated with his BB that is called "Device Default." If you remove an email address, the calendar for that address is deleted as well, but any appointments that were in that calendar revert to a local calendar on the phone (called "device default"). I have the same problem and would also appreciate any advice on removing this calendar, as I removed my work email from my phone and then re-added it, so all the appointments that were stored on the phone when I removed the address now appear twice, once on my work email and once on the "device default" calendar
    03-26-09 11:55 AM
    I have the opposite issue..
    I've got 3 calendar accounts on my device and only need one - and it should be the default calendar. Two other email accounts create multi-coloured entries in the calendar, that synch, but the default ones do not.
    If I delete the other two service books (email CICAL) only, will the synch proceed with only one calendar?

03-30-09 08:02 AM
    I removed the BlackBerry calendar service books, and that removed said calendar. I now only have my Google calendar available.
    03-31-09 08:23 AM
    Coming from the 7100i to an 8330 on BES i'm trying to get a hang of multiple calenders. I currently have 6 email accounts setup, so that meant also that i also had 6 calenders... 7 to include the Default. I only want my DESKTOP calender to appear, so i removed the Color assigned to the other calenders so i didn't see any doubled appt's (had a problem, long story... in regards to sync'ing to wrong calender).

My problem now is I just want my DESKTOP (work) calender to show, for some reason the Default is still showing even though i've removed the Color assigned to it. QUESTION: since my DESKTOP calender is set as the Default in the options, and i only want one calender to appear, should i remove the Color assigned to the DESKTOP calender and leave the DEFAULT as the only one with a COlor? HOw often does would the DEFAULT calender sync with my DESTOP calender, becuase i have noticed some appt's that were updated in the DESKTOP calender did not updated under the DEFAULT Calender...

But to add my 3 cents to the current thread: dude, assign the one email account as the default and remove the color assigned to the other calenders. IF i was still on BIS that's what i'd do... my concern is i'm on BES and concerned that the DEFAULT (which is assigned DESKTOP) gets updated when i change an appt from my work account (named DEKSTOP on my BBerry).
    03-31-09 09:30 AM
    I have a slightly different issue. My blackberry has a "device default" calendar, as well as 2 other calendars associated to my email addresses. How do I sync all 3 calendars to my Outlook 2003?
    03-31-09 08:24 PM

This is very easy.

I am assuming that you have two or more calendars on your device and you want the Default Calendar gone.

So, right now, your Calendar Options looks like this:

Calendar Options
    General Options

Calendars
    Default Calendar (go away!)
    Actual Calendar (keep this, it's tied to email address)

My setup: I have 1 gmail (google apps) account associated with my Blackberry. This means that I actually have two calendars, one called "Default" and one called "[my gmail account]". I only want the [my gmail account] calendar on my Blackberry. This is how you do it:

1. Connect BB to computer and launch the Desktop Manager application.
    2. Select Backup and Restore
    3. Select Advanced
    4. Select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" from the right column and send them to the left column.
    5. After items have been backed up, select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All", then click "Clear" at the bottom of the window.

After doing this, you can disconnect the BB from the computer and you will no longer have a Default Calendar.

*Restore from backup - NOTE: I use gsync to sync my Calendar so I have not tested restoring events from the backup created in step 4 above, but I have to ASSume it will be seemless.

I did this, and the device default calendar disappeared. But them when I restored it, it was back again! :-(
    04-18-09 01:18 PM
    I have a slightly different issue. My blackberry has a "device default" calendar, as well as 2 other calendars associated to my email addresses. How do I sync all 3 calendars to my Outlook 2003?
    Same here.... My 'device default' calendar won't sync!
    04-18-09 01:20 PM
    Same thing here...all my calendar entries went to my default calendar even though they were associated with the email I want them to be at. Now seeing it is default calendar they won't synch with my outlook.
    04-19-09 01:57 PM
    I have one calendar for my email address and one device default calendar. Going Options>Advanced Options>Default Services gives me NO option to select which one is the default....and it does say that BOTH are associated with my one email address.

Can't believe RIM doesn't show up at some point on these boards and offer some answers, when SOOO many people have the same issues.
    04-27-09 01:59 PM
    Did you try going into the service books & deleting the CICAL entry for each unwanted calendar? This will delete it.
    04-27-09 07:08 PM
    Parc Ferme, you rule. This calendar thing has been plaguing me for two weeks, and your solution fixed it!
    05-01-09 05:00 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD