When I try to sync my BB with MS Outlook, the desktop programs comes up with a message:

The following changes from Calendar Device will be applied to your Microsoft Outlook data in Calendar:

650 Deletion(s)
    3 Addition(s)

The following changes from Calendar Microsoft Outlook will be applied to your Device data in Calendar:

1 Deletion(s)
    46 Addition(s)
    18 Change(s)

I given the choice to Accept, Reject or Cancel.

The problem is to Accept - - and successfully complete the sync process - - causes all 650 calendar deletions. These 650 events are calendar items existing before I acquired the BB. To Reject or Cancel indicates all sync actions are cancelled. I don't want to clutter up my BB with old calendar events, which I need to retain in Outlook.

How do I handle this situation?

10-11-08 12:21 AM
    You have the option to sync several ways with Desktop Manager.

Initially tell Desktop Manager sync from the PC to the phone and to not erase the phone data. This will bring all your Outlook data to the phone. Now tell DM to sync the other way, phone to Outlook and do not accept deletions. Now the two devices are in sync.

Now you can sync both ways at any time.

Why did this happen? There are a number of reasons. Calender items older than 30 days are deleted on the phone by default unless you change it. System dates (phone and PC) must be similar (minutes).
    10-11-08 01:09 AM
    Having similar issues with my Curve (Verizon) latest OS available through VZW. Can't tell you which version at the moment as my trackball must have fallen out of my device somewhere throughout the day and is now MIA but that's not what I'm writing.

I'm running Vista and Office '07 and I'm having similar issues as All Thumbs whereas when attempting to sync calendar using the assistance provided (syncing pc to device first then vice versa), I'm encountering the following error to which I'm not able to find any further info: 0x8004fd02. I've performed a Google search and it brought me back to Crackberry but can't find anything in the forums on this site explaining how to eliminate the error. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    10-12-08 11:58 PM
    [QUOTE=All Thumbs;819286]When I try to sync my BB with MS Outlook, the desktop programs comes up with a message...
    QUOTE]

I have the *exact* same issue with my new Storm (Verizon) and I have to choose 'Re-synch' which will synch as if it is doing it for the first time and leaving all old events on Outlook and the device. It works for one day and the next day, I get the *same* message wanting to confirm deletion of 150 events from my Outlook. I don't ever want it to delete my Outlook events but I need to synchronize 2 ways.

I have tried every setting but currently have it set to synch with Outlook "Transfer All Scheduled Items." The only other 2 way synch option is a range of dates... and then again, the Desktop Manager wants to delete my Outlook events not only from the device but from my Outlook.

I know with Palm, there are 3rd party apps ('PocketMirror' is one) that allow more exact settings for synching with Outlook. Is there a comparable one for Blackberry? (I have a new Storm and other than this love it).
    Last edited by darthmom; 06-29-09 at 04:41 AM. Reason: I just realized I am in the forum for the Curve and I have a Storm
    06-29-09 04:39 AM
    I encountered this problem with DM 4.7 with my 8330. Uninstalled and installed DM 4.6 and never had Outlook delete calendar entries on me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:23 AM
    I am trying to sync, go through the whole process but right at the end at "syncronization process" it just closes out and goes back to the syncronization page. It deleted future appointments on my pc outlook 2003.
    07-07-09 10:13 AM
    I am having the same problem it is trying to delete my outlook items,(actually it did it once before when i wasn't concentrating !!)

It reminds me of Palm and Windows Mobile syncing!!
    07-08-09 09:17 AM
    You have the option to sync several ways with Desktop Manager.

Initially tell Desktop Manager sync from the PC to the phone and to not erase the phone data. This will bring all your Outlook data to the phone. Now tell DM to sync the other way, phone to Outlook and do not accept deletions. Now the two devices are in sync.

Now you can sync both ways at any time.

Why did this happen? There are a number of reasons. Calender items older than 30 days are deleted on the phone by default unless you change it. System dates (phone and PC) must be similar (minutes).
    Thanks for this suggestion. It is a couple more steps to get synced, but if you're not losing the old stuff its worth those steps.

Appreciate you posting this.
    07-08-09 10:52 AM
    Cartedoir, just browsing this thread because Desktop Manager seems to have synced every appointment twice. I'm using Outlook 2003 (SP3). Saw your post and thought, 'Hmm... I had a message like that when I did my first sync! Surely it hasn't...'

It bloody has as well. Pretty much all my past appointments deleted from Outlook! AAARRGGHH! Can I get those back? Where are they? Is Desktop Manager really that sh*t?

I've only had my BB a week and I still haven't received a single push email (that's another story for another thread...) Now I find it's got two of every appointment for no reason, and it's trying to wipe my past like a sort of Satanic Marty McFly.

Someone help please. This newbie is nearly ready to cry...
    07-16-09 05:52 PM
    I did the one way syn per Pete 6 and then tried to sync both ways and it again asked to delete all past items! The one ways worked fine. Now what? Am using the Tour and DM 5.0
    10-12-09 06:09 AM
    same problem. here.... in 2010 with a BB Tour 9700
    10-10-10 10:19 AM
    Try this one...think I figured it out....following r my notes (I have Storm 2):

Under "calendar" on the device I see that only the only calenders I have are my 2 e-mail accounts and suprisingly not outlook (?????).

I selected one of my e-mail accounts to be the calender (though using Outlook)...select which one under "options, default services, calender (CICAL)"

Then go to "calender, options, general options" and select keep appointments "forever".

Also, in Outlook, go to "Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive" and un-check auto archiving.

Go to BlackBerry desktop manager and set calender sync for outlook and "one way to device"....and "replace all data in the target application" (device). This will erase whats in the BB and put all outlook stuff in device.

Then go back to desktop manager and set calender sync for " 2 way" and "transfer all scheduled items" (uncheck replace all data if checked...though I don't think so).

Good Luck!.....thinking that if it does it again, maybe after upgrading to latest software version, re-check what calender it is syncing to.
    Umbrellatoo and DsgnJnki like this.
    10-25-10 08:36 PM
    My previous BlackBerry, Bold 9000 from AT&T, must have been set at the factory to keep appointments "forever." However, my new Torch 9800, also from AT&T, was set at "60 days."

You solved a very annoying problem.
    Last edited by ADMIZ; 11-07-10 at 04:29 PM.
    11-07-10 04:12 PM
    Try this one...think I figured it out....following r my notes (I have Storm 2):

Under "calendar" on the device I see that only the only calenders I have are my 2 e-mail accounts and suprisingly not outlook (?????).

I selected one of my e-mail accounts to be the calender (though using Outlook)...select which one under "options, default services, calender (CICAL)"

Then go to "calender, options, general options" and select keep appointments "forever".

Also, in Outlook, go to "Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive" and un-check auto archiving.

Go to BlackBerry desktop manager and set calender sync for outlook and "one way to device"....and "replace all data in the target application" (device). This will erase whats in the BB and put all outlook stuff in device.

Then go back to desktop manager and set calender sync for " 2 way" and "transfer all scheduled items" (uncheck replace all data if checked...though I don't think so).

Good Luck!.....thinking that if it does it again, maybe after upgrading to latest software version, re-check what calender it is syncing to.

Thank you SO much!! This worked for me. Very much appreciated. It was driving me nuts deleting all my appointments in Outlook. I Googled for a solution, found your post and VOILA! It worked like a charm.

A million thank you's kind sir/madam.
    11-20-10 06:50 PM
    Please H E L P. Have a new 9330. did restore to outlook and it did fine, but as soon as I try to sync it wants to delete 8000 calendar items from my computer. I do NOT want to lose these old appointments (Yes they go back for years!).
    My local Sprint store could not help me
    04-26-11 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD