I haven't downloaded BBM, and don't plan to use it. However I've received a BBM request and can't delete it or the notification icon from my screen.
    Can anyone please advise regarding how I get rid of them?

03-14-13 05:07 PM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your device, location, and carrier. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Which device model exactly do you have? BBM would already be included on the device by default.

If you hold down the MENU key (i.e. BB logo key beside trackpad) the App Switcher will open. Click/tap the BBM logo there.
    On the BBM home screen are several headers which can expand or collapse. Look for one called Pending, Invitations, Notifications, etc. Highlight the invitation therein, then either click MENU and select Delete, or just even just click the DEL key on your keyboard with item highlighted and it should delete too.
    03-14-13 05:17 PM
    Thanks for the very quick response! Profile duly updated.
    I'm in the UK, using a Curve 9320 on the 3 network.

Clicking the Blackberry logo shows a 'welcome to BBM' screen, asking me for a display name; am I going to have to enter one so that I can get onto the BBM home screen to delete requests?

(Apologies for my techno-ignorance here, I've no doubt this is probably basic stuff that I should know!)
    03-14-13 05:37 PM